Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/26/2003 7:31:45 PM EDT
It dawned on me tonight; white trash for life.

Even though I'm sitting in the bed of a $30k truck, 10 feet away from my $10k motorcycle, drinking a microbrew, smoking an expensive cigar....I'm still sitting there in ratty old short, no shirt, tattoos, and lime green flip-flops I got at Target.

So, when did you realize you were white trash for life.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure that you mean "lower middle class" right.LOL
If you've got a 30K truck and all I've got is a 1K rusted out Ford that's 20 yrs. old then what the heck am I?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#2]

When I bought my first used mobile home in 1986 [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#3]
when I had a half dozen 60's chevy pickups in a neighborhood were houses sell for 500 grand.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#4]
... Still tryin' to achieve that lofty status!

... Won't ever get there with my bloodlines though.

... Pure white is a rarity these days
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:53:50 PM EDT
[#5]
When I clicked on this thread [:P]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:57:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I was 28 before I realized that growing up in a trailer was a bad thing.

If it took me that long to figure it out, then there is no hope.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:57:56 PM EDT
[#7]
When I lost my last job and had to borrow $$$ from the in-laws. maxx68
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:01:22 PM EDT
[#8]
When I realized I like driving my crew cab dually more than my jeep.Dually has room for a gun rack in back window.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#9]
A 30K truck? whoa gucci city boy
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know right?  I feel like the goddamn urban cowboy.  But I'm not fucking that super-hot chick that Travolta picks up on the rebound in that movie.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#11]
When I realized that not everyone thought that Coca-Cola and peanuts was a meal...
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#12]
errrr.....i'm not [:o]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:17:03 PM EDT
[#13]
When I saw today I had 400k in my 401K and my wife has 250K in hers and we own our own house.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I know right?  I feel like the goddamn urban cowboy.  But I'm not fucking that super-hot chick that Travolta picks up on the rebound in that movie.
View Quote

I'm somewhat similiar.  I drive around in a beat up late 80's chevy celebrity, smoke USA Golds, wear patched up jeans with beat up shirts showing off my tats, blast skynard, but then I retire to my 1.5 million dollar house (most of the price is location, I don't live in a mansion).  Yea I feel white trash, but hey its they way to live.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:35:58 PM EDT
[#15]
When i look in the mirror and see this ------>[:E]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm not...

Might have some of the trappings in an earlier decade (when the bike was 'new', and recent-year Firebirds still had the 'screaming chicken' on the hood...)...

97 Z28
82 GS-450
2 rifles, 2 pistols, no shotguns (yet, that will probably settle at 2 - Moss 500 & Saiga-12C)...
Not a truck/SUV fan (will never drive one, unless it's for work), and don't drink...
Wear Wal-mart t-shirts (assorted solid colors. I hate spending $$$ on clothes), blue jeans, and an AF surplus leather jacket (I removed the former owner's wings & Air Mob Cmd patch)...

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:46:12 PM EDT
[#17]
yesterday
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Once I realized that my truck has curtains on every window...but, my house has none! That's when I knew...I'm white trash!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:20:05 PM EDT
[#19]
The day I noticed the couch on my front porch was nicer than the one in my living room.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:25:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#21]
when my friend scoffed when I said I like Olympia [beer].
to bad the damn store near me that had it ran out and only has the light Olympia [pissed]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I think there is a huge difference between white trash and not giving a fuck.

White trash doesn't know any better.

Not giving a fuck knows better but doesn't give a fuck.

I don't give a fuck.

The best thing I ever did was stop caring if people liked me or not and quit trying to meet the expectations of others.

The kinda people who find this shit important are usually not very good people anyway and this is all they really have.

Not giving a fuck keeps those kinds of people out of my life.
View Quote

steyr said what i wanted to say when i didnt know how to say it.
thats it exactly
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:14:20 PM EDT
[#23]
When I went to my lawyers house thers was a 84 MCBenz in the driveway, a 1/2 million dollar proprety, and living well below his means that 'set him up"......... Plus SA and I agree. I once cared w/kinda vehicle I drove.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 12:04:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Tonight, actually.  I went to a bar, where I didn't know anyone I wasn't related to.  I didn't manage to talk to anyone, tho, who didn't know about the deer my father shot a week ago with three antlers.

"yeah, I done heard about some freak deer shot up your way"

"you Jim's boy?  I done heared about the deer he shot"

Outstanding.  I love it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 12:09:53 AM EDT
[#25]
ever since my last name was Dirt'e, thats French ya know
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 12:24:01 AM EDT
[#26]
When I started reading your stupid ass posts.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 12:29:45 AM EDT
[#27]
[LOLabove]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:49:22 AM EDT
[#28]
So you're saying my affinity for MT Dew and pork rinds is a bad thing???
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:58:50 AM EDT
[#29]
November 27th
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 2:58:27 AM EDT
[#30]
I agree with SA on this one. I have already lived in my neighborhood longer than most of these new neighbors ever will and I really don't give a damn what they think.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 3:01:32 AM EDT
[#31]
<-- Proud white trash
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 4:40:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
<-- Proud white trash
View Quote

Exactly.  I think some of ya'll are taking this too seriously.  I think it's a badge of honor personally.  One of my best friends is Puerto Rican, we call him tan trash.

Last night I just found it funny that a few years ago I would have been sitting on a lawn chair that I wasn't quite sure where I got it, or the sofa in the carport, in front of my '87 Dodge Ramcharger, drinking a Pabst Blue Ribbon, and dippin' Copenhagen long cut.  The trappings may have changed (and there's a difference between liking nice things and working to earn them, and giving a shit), but I'm still the same tattooed guy in the Target flip flops and the ratty shorts.  
I would love to be that guy with the $80k sports car (got a thing for Maseratis) sitting in front of my $1mil house with my friends on our lawn chairs, ruining property values for everyone within a 2 mile radius.  I'll probably have a '70s muscle car up on blocks just for good measure.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 4:55:22 AM EDT
[#33]
When I looked at my backyard, it is a wasteland.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:08:51 AM EDT
[#34]
I didnt know I was. No one told me yet. [BD]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:15:21 AM EDT
[#35]
That first tattoo definitely sealed it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:19:29 AM EDT
[#36]
I realized it when I had the choice of an expensive wine and a cheap beer, and chose the beer.  I had the choice of Classical Music and Bluegrass, and chose Bluegrass.  I had the choice of a truck or a car, and chose a truck.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:19:35 AM EDT
[#37]
White Trash = the equivilent of what they call black, latinos, and any other ethnic lowlife. Something of which I am not. I never have been white trash.

I think the definitive White Trash stigma belongs to those idiots who show up on the Jerry Springer Show, or any show that is similar in nature. Another trait of White Trash is a person who spends 30K or more on a vehicle, but lives in a run down trailer or who is a renter.

Personally after lurking for a few months off and on and finally joining a few days ago I decided to choose this thread for my first posting. Why? Because after spending a few days reading a lot of the threads and replies I've determined that there are a lot of members in here who qualify for White Trash status. Which doesn't speak well for the gun community as a whole. Education is the key to not becoming or bein White Trash. Fortunately for me I am well educated and my family raised me well.

Flame on if you wish, but I only answered your question as honestly as I could.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:21:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Here is how we gave directions to our house when I was growing up.

Turn right off the paved road and go passed the cattle guard. Turn right on the gravel road. We live in the second RED tar paper house on the right.

The houses were either red or green tar paper. None of them had house numbers.

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:27:05 AM EDT
[#39]

You wrote:

Personally after lurking for a few months off
and on and finally joining a few days ago I decided to choose this thread for my first posting. Why? Because after spending a few days reading a lot of the threads and replies I've determined that there are a lot of members in here who qualify for White Trash status. Which doesn't speak well for the gun community as a whole. Education is the key to not becoming or bein White Trash. Fortunately for me I am well educated and my family raised me well.

Now. Are you saying that education should be a prerequisite to owning firearms? I believe the 2nd states that the PEOPLE have the right to own firearms, not EDUCATED PEOPLE.
Flame on if you wish, but I only answered your question as honestly as I could. [/quote]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:31:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
White Trash = the equivilent of what they call black, latinos, and any other ethnic lowlife. Something of which I am not. I never have been white trash.

I think the definitive White Trash stigma belongs to those idiots who show up on the Jerry Springer Show, or any show that is similar in nature. Another trait of White Trash is a person who spends 30K or more on a vehicle, but lives in a run down trailer or who is a renter.

Personally after lurking for a few months off and on and finally joining a few days ago I decided to choose this thread for my first posting. Why? Because after spending a few days reading a lot of the threads and replies I've determined that there are a lot of members in here who qualify for White Trash status. Which doesn't speak well for the gun community as a whole. Education is the key to not becoming or bein White Trash. Fortunately for me I am well educated and my family raised me well.

View Quote

With an attitude like that you're not going to last very long.  It's a shame that all your fancy-type book learnin didn't teach you shit about people.  I have a master's degree in construciton management, and a bachelor's in architectural design, yet some of my best friends, and the coolest damn people I've ever met, are highschool dropouts that don't make half of what I do every year.

I strongly suggest you remove your head from your ass before posting again.  Are there idiots on this board?  You betcha.  Is there sometimes a vaccuum of intelligent conversation?  sure.  Have I complained about both in the past?  damn skippy.

when you say "my family raised me well" I know that what you mean to say is "my mommy and daddy are very well off and spoiled my pansy-ass growing up.  Then they went and paid for me to hide from the real world in college, all the while taking it up the ass from my frat brothers.  Now I'm out of school and pretending to work for daddy's business, but they still pay me an allowance."  Pull the golden spoon out of your mouth, or you're going to choke on it when one of us punches you in the face.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:43:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Oh, come on [b]norman74[/b] quit holdin' back and tell us how you really feel.

Personally I don't care what people think of me. I live my life the way I want and am very happy.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:46:56 AM EDT
[#42]
me white trash? scooter trash damnit, i aspire to be white trash.

tattoo's long hair, and goattee.
get out of my toyota landcruiser, and hop on my harley

when you realize that none of your t shirts have sleeves on them. even my under armour shirts are sleeveless.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:49:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

With an attitude like that you're not going to last very long.  It's a shame that all your fancy-type book learnin didn't teach you shit about people.  I have a master's degree in construciton management, and a bachelor's in architectural design, yet some of my best friends, and the coolest damn people I've ever met, are highschool dropouts that don't make half of what I do every year.

I strongly suggest you remove your head from your ass before posting again.  Are there idiots on this board?  You betcha.  Is there sometimes a vaccuum of intelligent conversation?  sure.  Have I complained about both in the past?  damn skippy.

when you say "my family raised me well" I know that what you mean to say is "my mommy and daddy are very well off and spoiled my pansy-ass growing up.  Then they went and paid for me to hide from the real world in college, all the while taking it up the ass from my frat brothers.  Now I'm out of school and pretending to work for daddy's business, but they still pay me an allowance."  Pull the golden spoon out of your mouth, or you're going to choke on it when one of us punches you in the face.
View Quote

Hello Norman. Excuse me, but, you can't even flame intelligently. Was it your intention when beginning this thread to turn it into a Jerry Springer format? It looks to me like you would fit right in on his show, judging by the way you took everything I said so personal. Not only that, but you also distorted everything I said into what you perceived as what I am. To prove my point, I'll quote you here. Quote: "when you say "my family raised me well" I know that what you mean to say is "my mommy and daddy are very well off and spoiled my pansy-ass growing up.  Then they went and paid for me to hide from the real world in college, all the while taking it up the ass from my frat brothers.  Now I'm out of school and pretending to work for daddy's business, but they still pay me an allowance."  Pull the golden spoon out of your mouth, or you're going to choke on it when one of us punches you in the face." Unquote.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:58:50 AM EDT
[#44]
[img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/Ejpg.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 6:13:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Hello Norman. Excuse me, but, you can't even flame intelligently. Was it your intention when beginning this thread to turn it into a Jerry Springer format? It looks to me like you would fit right in on his show, judging by the way you took everything I said so personal. Not only that, but you also distorted everything I said into what you perceived as what I am. To prove my point, I'll quote you here. Quote: "when you say "my family raised me well" I know that what you mean to say is "my mommy and daddy are very well off and spoiled my pansy-ass growing up.  Then they went and paid for me to hide from the real world in college, all the while taking it up the ass from my frat brothers.  Now I'm out of school and pretending to work for daddy's business, but they still pay me an allowance."  Pull the golden spoon out of your mouth, or you're going to choke on it when one of us punches you in the face." Unquote.
View Quote

In other words you have surfaced now to troll.  Thanks for playing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 6:24:32 AM EDT
[#46]
IF by "white trash" you mean "down to earth country boy" then you can count me in. If , on the other hand, you mean "trailer trash" then that's not me. In my way of thinking "white trash" means people that are on government assitance and live in a trailer, they don't take a bath regular, don't keep their place clean and, in general, are a bad example of the way a person of any color should live.  I'm not trying to hack on ya', I know this is all in fun but I think we just need a clarifacation on the definition of what it is we're all talking about.  Generally I'd say that I'm just a plain, simple country boy that likes trucks, good 'shine, sitting by the fire cleaning my guns and watching HOCKEY(the greatest game on earth), hope ya'll have a Happy Turkey Day.  Talk at ya'll later.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 6:57:17 AM EDT
[#47]
ever since i saw my mom kick the shit out of that guy on jerry springer last year. She didn't even drop her cigarette. I was so proud!

mike
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:13:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Yo Norm!
Here ya-go...

[url]http://www.cycochoppers.com/covers_point.htm[/url]

[img]http://www.cycochoppers.com/images/pointcovers/ball/white-trash.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:14:27 AM EDT
[#49]
When I realized that no one wanted to play horseshoes with me ....

[img]http://mysite.directlink.net/eruddle/pics/horseshoes1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:23:29 AM EDT
[#50]
When at 20 I met my siblings and realized none of us had the same mother. You see, Dadddy drove a tow truck..
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top