Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2003 4:44:12 PM EDT
Amendment Ia
A open discussion of God, being necessary to the spirtual growth of a free state, the right of the people to to establish their own religions, shall not be infringed.

Amendment Ib
A free exchange of ideas, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to freedom of speech, shall not be infringed.

Amendment Ic
A free exchange of ideas, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to freedom of the press, shall not be infringed.

Amendment Id
A free exchange of ideas, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people peaceably to assemble, shall not be infringed.  

Amendment Ie
A open government, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to petition the government for a redress of grievances, shall not be infringed.

Amendment If
Congress shall make no law respecting the right of the people to keep and bear arms.  

Any questions?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I got a question.  You write those  yourself, or did an FF beat you to it?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yeah, I got a question.  You write those  yourself, or did an FF beat you to it?
View Quote

Wrote them myself.  What's a FF?

I spend a lot of time arguing with Anti's, (including my wife), so I'm always looking for leverage.  The 'amendments' are supposed to show that each could stand alone, using the same language as the 2nd and the second should stand alone with the wording of the 1st.  

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:33:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wrote them myself.  What's a FF?
View Quote

[cough]Founding Father[/cough]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ah!  Palm-smack to forehead.

I'm looking for good arguments to beat the anti's with here, of course I had good material to start with...

Like your sig says.  It's not about duck hunting.

BS-Engineering Physics LU '85
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 3:48:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Ah!  Palm-smack to forehead.

I'm looking for good arguments to beat the anti's with here, of course I had good material to start with...

Like your sig says.  It's not about duck hunting.

BS-Engineering Physics LU '85
View Quote
Look around and see if you can find the amendments as originally proposed.
One more question: Do you come in the 40 watt range?
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 4:34:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Amendment Ia
A open discussion of God, being necessary to the spirtual growth of a free state, the right of the people to to establish their own religions, shall not be infringed.

Amendment Ib
A free exchange of ideas, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to freedom of speech, shall not be infringed.

Amendment Ic
A free exchange of ideas, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to freedom of the press, shall not be infringed.

Amendment Id
A free exchange of ideas, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people peaceably to assemble, shall not be infringed.  

Amendment Ie
A open government, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to petition the government for a redress of grievances, shall not be infringed.

Amendment If
Congress shall make no law respecting the right of the people to keep and bear arms.  

Any questions?
View Quote

You forgot this one:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:55:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You forgot this one:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

View Quote

Ah, good point.

Does that mean the states? or the people as a mass?  [;D]

I can't believe people are confused by the word 'people'  [:(!]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top