Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2003 2:56:30 PM EDT
I have sold a few mags from time to time but they are mags that I have traded for and never more than 5-6 at a time. I see stacks of NIW preban mags for sale in the EE and just have to wonder where do they get them? Is there government auctions that liquidate magazines or are these people stumbling over boxes of mags in garage sales? I just gotta know!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#1]
A lot of people horded them when they realized the ban was going to be enacted, now that it looks like it will sunset (HOPE HOPE HOPE!!!) they are unloading (no pun intended) them while the market is still good.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
A lot of people horded them when they realized the ban was going to be enacted, now that it looks like it will sunset (HOPE HOPE HOPE!!!) they are unloading (no pun intended) them while the market is still good.
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#3]
They're imported by WalMart from China. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder if the Beta C-Mag will go down in price?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:06:40 PM EDT
[#5]
The mag fairy....duh
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:11:57 PM EDT
[#6]
People horded them for Y2K (remember that?)  Now that they have come out of their bunkers, they need to get some of their money back.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#7]
mag prices are too high now anyway, i remember getting nice used ones for 3-6 bucks, and new ones for like 12
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:16:10 PM EDT
[#8]
[b][red][size=4]R-Guns?[/b][/red][/size=4]

[devil]

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
People horded them for Y2K (remember that?)  Now that they have come out of their bunkers, they need to get some of their money back.
View Quote

AHH, Y2K... now that was a rallying point. People stocking up on water, food, ammo, guns. I figured the terrorist attacks would produce the same things, it didn't.

There were REALLY good prices that summer at the yard sales of all the Yuppies; ammo, MREs, BDUs. The guns all went back to the gun shops.

P.S. These are the same people who now call us paranoid for owning weapons, as they quietly board up their bomb shelters.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:43:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought my AR because of the Y2K scare. Still got some food kits too.

What if?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I bought my AR because of the Y2K scare. Still got some food kits too.

What if?
View Quote

Well, most of us would be low on ammo (only 3-4k left for the "main rifle", still plenty of pistol and shotgun ammo though).

All the liberals would be dead and eaten most likely, why use your stored food when fresh meat is available, besides vegitarians (sp) taste better. We would have larger homes built from scavenged debris. We would be collecting their volvos saabs and 2 wheel drive SUVs to try a rig an extra generator for the "addition".

We wouldn't have to work, we wouldn't have to Worry about Hillary, 9-11 would not have happened.

Geez, it would have been pretty nice by now. Too bad the lights stayed on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top