Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Belgrade, here I come!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:40:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Belgrade, here I come!!!
View Quote

Reading the article, I'd assumed you were already there.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I use to work in a town an hour west of Belgrade and all the small jurisdictions try to plea bargain all dwi's to save time and money.  There is only so much in budget for trial expenses and Belgrade is a nice, very small town.  Next year Minnesota is going to .08 BAC DWI law.  One of the last states to switch from .10 BAC.  I had a chief tell me a .10 DWI was a "chickenshit" arrest in 1997.  I was only officer in department making DWI arrests out of seven officers.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#4]
[Tinfoilhat]Aw common, traffic enforcement is all about generating revenue! Damn badge wearing tax collectors![Tinfoilhat]

Seriously, sounds like a pretty screwy system to me. The county DA should be prosecuting all violations of state law, and county ords.  The City attorny should only be prosecuting Muni-codes.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[Tinfoilhat]Aw common, traffic enforcement is all about generating revenue! Damn badge wearing tax collectors![Tinfoilhat]

Seriously, sounds like a pretty screwy system to me. The county DA should be prosecuting all violations of state law, and county ords.  The City attorny should only be prosecuting Muni-codes.
View Quote

If he was charged with a violation of a muni ord
the county would refile under a state offense and get the "tax" money ( or fine)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top