Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2003 9:31:54 PM EDT
I returned from a short out of town trip today. I don't have much in the house food wise, so I decided to go to Carls Jr., and ordered their #4 (Double Western Bacon Cheese Burger).

I got home and I took a bite of it. It tasted quite funny, was quite squishy, and well, just didn't taste how it was supposed to. I spit it out onto a plate, and the bite was covered with bright green shit. I looked at the burger where I had just taken the bite. The whole top patty was riddled with bright green chunks, about 1/8th" in size. It was not on the bun, but was in the meat itself.

I just got back from returning the burger, and got my money back. They asked if I would like them to make me another one, but I declined and told the manager I certainly wouldn't be eating there again.

While I was gone, my dog ate the bite I spit out. I was pretty disgusted, and had left the plate on the table.

So, any guesses to WTF this green stuff was? Only one of the two patties had it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:37:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude, you've got to have the worst fucking luck of anyone I've ever met.  The stories I've seen you post in my short time here blow me away.

That's just gross.

Wash your mouth out with peroxide and take some antibiotics.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Mold or fungus, potentially rotten meat.

You just let your dog eat a million dollars.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Sniff Sniff...

I smell something... is that...?.... it IS!!

A LAWSUIT!!
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#4]
This thread is worthless without pics!

Kidding.

Jeez, all you did was get your money back? And you gave them the evidence? I'd have been at the Health Dept the next day with said burger in hand(well a bag atually) raising holy hell!

You could have gotten a mouthful of some seriously evil shit dude.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Ever seen that movie with the pod people?
[(:|)] [(:|)] [(:|)] [(:|)] [(:|)] [(:|)]

Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:16:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's called guacamole...Shut up and eat the rest of it.
View Quote

First of all, the "chunks" were more solid than gaucamole.

Seoncd, they don't serve gaucamole (at least on that burger)

Third, how would they get it mixed in the meat? These weren't on top of the patty, but were inside.

Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:20:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:29:49 PM EDT
[#9]
The movie Soylent Green comes to mind.

[puke]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:32:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Note to self: When you go shooting w/CG, DON'T stop for burgers afterward.

NMSight
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:38:11 PM EDT
[#11]
[size=6] WTF!!!!....[/size=6]

Next to the Pussy, that is the #2 reason I miss California!...I would give my left nut for some Carls Jr.

Btw. Im not willing to tell what I would give for Del Taco! [:D]

Honestly I would at least make a call to the local Health Dept. you never know what they might have going on in the store.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:39:41 PM EDT
[#12]
um... pickle chunks in the guacamole
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#13]
If you werent eating dead cow parts, you wouldnt have this problem!

[stick]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:06:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Possibly chunks of green pepper or green onion?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:11:07 AM EDT
[#15]
little chunks of herpes? that'd be my guess...

serious though, i think i would have had that stuff checked out. at least for a little piece of mind about what i just ate.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:19:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's called guacamole...Shut up and eat the rest of it.
View Quote

First of all, the "chunks" were more solid than gaucamole.

Seoncd, they don't serve gaucamole (at least on that burger)

Third, how would they get it mixed in the meat? [red]These weren't on top of the patty, but were inside.[/red]

View Quote

Pal, that was Carl Jr.'s [red]"New"[/red] Guacamole-Stuffed-Western-Double-Bacon-Cheese, dippity-doo-dah, Afternoon-Delight! It's a new burger they test on innocent yet hungry, accident-prone Computer guys....
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Carl's have been mixing in some of that Mexican Bolongna as filler. You should have kept a piece for the health dept..
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:23:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Only you Computer guy...only you.[ROFL]

Were the Ghostbusters anywhere around? Could be slime.

Could have been a lawsuit..if you had gotten sick[;)]and made a trip to the emergency room[;)] too late now though...
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:24:37 AM EDT
[#19]
You just ate a part of Jimmy Hoffa.  [:D]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:34:40 AM EDT
[#20]
A chopped up used rubber ?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#21]
pesticide
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:55:06 AM EDT
[#22]
It was money, but it's gone now.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#23]
A rotten Warble (spell?)  A warble is the larvae of a Heel Fly which plants their eggs in the hide of bovines and as they grow and mutate they eat their way to the heel of the poor slobbering sh*t smeared brute where they hatch out as a fly and repeat the process.

A couple years ago I shot two rabbits that had warbles in them.  These larvae were about the size of a thump and continually squirmed about.  I only noticed them because after I shot the rabbits and put them in the truck for my dogs, the rabbits kept moving...I mean really moving.  The one had 3 of them.  One was boring out of it's ribs, another from it's hip and a third from it's neck.  Disgusting.  I couldn't believe a poor rabbit could have something so damn large (About 2-3" long and 1/2" in diameter) squirming about and boring holes in its carcass without killing it.  Three of them at that!

It looked like something out of the X files and I immediately went to eradicating the larvae using liberal doses of #6 birdshot at close range using my 12 gauge shottie.  My dad was with me and he said that he once bought some "bullied beef", that's what he calls it although I think it might also be known as canned chipped beef, anyway he opened the can and there was 2" warble laying on the top.  He checked the can and it was from Bolivia I think..Somewhere in SA anyway. He doesn't buy anything in a can from another country any more and in a way felt rather lucky that he didn't open the other end. [puke]

Hi, my name is Sly and I'm a vegetarian...I'm betting right now a few of you are joining me! [wave] (That was a joke, I'm a carnivore)

Anyway, enjoy!

Sly
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#24]
VEGGIE BURGER!!

Didn't you ask the manager what it was?  I would have!  After all, what if it were something that you needed to see a Dr. or Poison control over?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:26:45 PM EDT
[#25]
You handled that with a lot more self control than I would have.

My return visit to the burger place would have been something the staff would not soon forget. Green chunks in your meat? That is flat out sick.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#26]
I like my guacamole chunky. Everything else is [mike_myers]CLAP[mike_myers].
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Computerguy, you should have kept the burger and instead of heading back to Carls JR, you should have headed straight to the lawyers office!

Damn, you could have treated us all to AR's of our choice!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Just a note to the un-informed. Anybody who reads Computerguy's posts will be cursed by the same curse that afflicts him. Mark my word, some evil will befall you in the next week. Do not read his posts.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#30]
mystery solved....not to worry, somehow some of a green chile from one of their chicken sandwiches got mixed in with your burger. it ain't gonna kill ya.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#31]
The manager said she had "never seen anything that before".

I really don't think it was guacamole, the chunks were much more firm than usual guacamole.

It was not green peppers either. That is what I had first thought it might be, until closer examination.

Oh well, I probably should have kept it, but at least I got my money back. It hasnt killed the dog yet either...

I wouldn't recommend eating at Carls Jr. though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top