Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2003 3:01:39 PM EDT
I got a turkey check from my employer, good for $20, but i really wanted the cash. I took it to the supermarket and the woman behind the service desk started questioning it. She asked me why I didn't want a turkey.

I told her that I had 10 kids, 5 of whom were allergic to turkey prodicts, one was in jail, 2 were vegetarians, one was an army survival expert and all he ate was bugs, snakes,and lizards and wasn't going to come to dinner again until he apologized to his sister for eating her hampster last Christmas. And my oldest son had quit the Catholic Church and had become an Orthodox Jew and wouldn't eat anything unless it was Kosher.

She said that it sounded like a crock.

I told her that that was my story and I was sticking to it. So she called the manager.

I repeated the story to him.

"It sounds like a crock," he said, "But at two bucks a kid, it was sure worth hearing."

And he cashed my check.

I was pleased. It made my day.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:07:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I love your stories, man.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Soooo, whats for dinner Thursday night?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Soooo, whats for dinner Thursday night?
View Quote

Hamsters..did'nt you hear the man?

BTW, [b]ARock[/b] has hundreds of them too Piccolo, you might want to give him a call. He does'nt eat them, he uses them for other "purposes" having to do with paper towel tubes and duct tape. [LOL]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:21:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I am going to have to try this sometime and see if it works for me.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I love your stories, man.
View Quote

Ditto, keep 'em coming piccolo!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top