Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2003 10:14:56 AM EDT
www.jsonline.com/news/ozwash/nov03/187800.asp

"The shooter, whom authorities declined to identify, was with three other people field-dressing a doe using the headlights of a pickup truck.

Someone then said they heard movement in the brush and could see eyes.

"The man stood up, loaded his weapon and fired," Adams said, adding that the single shot hit Mundt in the abdomen."
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:23:19 AM EDT
[#1]
well that sucks.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#2]
The shooter is a COMPLETE [b]IDIOT[/b] and deserves to be locked up for life.

[banghead]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:31:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

[banghead]
View Quote

I can't help but agree.

Danny
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Some people are too fucking stupid to be allowed out of the house... this guy is one of them.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:36:50 AM EDT
[#5]
You have to have lights on to see what you are doing and then you fire into the brush when you hear a noise?

WTF was that guy thinking? Did he think a deer was sneaking up on him in the dark? Did he think he was scaring off a bear or something?  
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[banghead]
View Quote

I can't help but agree.

Danny
View Quote

The shooter was his best friend - I'm sure he's wishing worse things upon himself right now then we care to imagine.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Life imprisonment is a bit harsh, but 5 years sounds about right.  This clearly was not murder. Without pre-meditation it isn't murder.  Neither was it a crime of passion where the individual knew they were shooting at a human being and intended to do so, but did not plan it.

Instead this was a crime of pure negligence in which a human being was shot and killed. The basic facts are, they were out in a group of at least four people.  All persons were not back to the group yet, thus there was still another guy out there.  The sun was down and it was dark.  CLoud cover made it darker still. There is no excuse for loading and firing a gun after dark. He only saw eyes and failed to identiy his target.  With one more hunter in the group yet in the field, poor light, etc.  taking a shot at eyes is just plain stupid.  How many deer have you ever seen approaching an area with bright headlights and swamped with the smell of deer blood?  

The guy was criminally begligent, at least as bad as if he had commited vehicular manslaughter. Similar punishment should apply.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#9]
happened to me, best friend tagged me
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Fellow who was shot, was not wearing required blaze orange.
Fellow who shot, shot well after the recognized close of hunting hours.

Both were in the wrong, but one was more in the wrong.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I think 10-20 years in prison and a lifetime loss of hunting priveledges. He should not be eligable for parole for at least 10 years then go from there. What a terrible tragedy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top