Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2001 5:34:14 AM EDT
Whats the value on an AR180 in good condition with an original armalite scope on it?
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 6:22:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Who makes it?  If it is Armalite Costa Mesa or Howa, I'd say $1300-$1400.  If it is Sterling, $900-$1000.

How many mags and who makes those?  Scope mount is the quick-detachable original?

Check the hinge condition on the folding stock carefully as many are broken.  Also check the bolt hold-open, as that is easy to break too.

Of course, when in doubt, BUY!
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 7:15:03 AM EDT
[#2]
The original ArmaLite scope in decent condition is worth $200-$300 alone.  As Clairborne said, the Howa's and Costa Mesa's are worth a bit more.  I have one of each of the 3 and I use my Sterling as a shooter while the other are in the back of the safe.  The Howa is NIB with the NIB ArmaLite scope, so I doubt it will ever get fired.  The Sterling is very accurate and I have never had any kind of problem with it with any ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top