Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2003 9:16:38 AM EDT
What do you think of the sound quality, coverage, selections, and initial purchase and instillation price? The subscription rate here is around $10 a month, and a little less if you subscribe for two years. I really like the idea of few if any commercials. The frequency and duration of commercial advertising on most FM stations here cause me to listen to my car radio very little, especially during peak traffic times. It seams like they run fifteen minutes of commercials and then play one song. It's just not worth it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:20:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an XM system in my jeep....for the most part i love it....Theres no ADs but there are a lot of "station identifcation"  type stuff..Not solid music...The 100+ cannels sounds cool but i find myself only listening to maybe 6 or 7 of them regularly....All and all i think youll like it,but it will not totally replace your CD collection.....UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out Sirius. The music is 100% ad free, XM has small ad time.  

I freaking love it.  I have not listened to local radio since it was installed. No more morning DJ's monster truck ads and all of that Shite!!

bd
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I spent a couple days with it out in Oregon and HATED IT.

Granted, the boss didn't have a subscription, but the channels rotated everyday to give you a teaser and they all sucked.

I had frequent drop-outs while driving in the countryside, out in the clear w/little tree coverage.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 1:04:06 AM EDT
[#4]
[bump]

'cuz I'd like to hear more 'hands on' comments!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:00:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I had it for a month, hated it. IMHO, the music stunk. Nothing but the same playlist as all the rest of the Clearchannel empire stations, only with fewer commercials.

I replaced the system with a CD player that plays .mp3's. I can load up hours of tunes on one disc, and of my choosing thank you.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:29:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Another way to charge for something that was free, IMO.
Look at cable tv, it was touted as ad free when it started and inexpensive.
Now you are upwards of $40 a month for infomercials, the golf channel, nuns, and ethnic stuff. Spare me.
I'm lucky to watch a half dozen out of how many other useless channels?
Wait until sat-rad gets established, then the commercials will begin in earnest, along with the price.
Not interested, myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top