Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2003 2:48:12 AM EDT
You guys know, so this is the first place I'm coming with this question:

What is indicated by condensation on the windows when the weather is cold and the furnace is running?

Tanks,
Scott
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:29:11 AM EDT
[#1]
water in your house? overall dampness, leaky roof, wet basement? Freshly cleaned carpet?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:46:39 AM EDT
[#2]

dryer venting inside ?  anytime you have a temp difference on the outside there will be some sort of condensation. Just boiling water on the stove will do it.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:19:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Either your house needs to breathe or your noodles are done.
Get it taken care of soon...black mold is worse!
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:36:33 AM EDT
[#4]

yuk..  black mold is a bad deal.

[img]http://www.thefairways.com/images/infect1.jpg[/img]

Black Mold --Stachybotrys
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:41:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Well...it happens when we ain't cookin noodles, which is why I asked.

The house is a ranch, 990 sq. ft.  The attic crawlspace is partially insulated, and the roof has one of those ridge-vents running it's length.    I'd a thunk the air flow was ok...house seems kinda drafty to me.

Thanks for the input.  Any suggestions on how to proceed?  Louvered vent in the attic access maybe?

Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top