Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2003 9:24:30 PM EDT
Every time I try to start Americas Army it gives this message:

Critical Error
No Label

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 1995 MHz with 254MB RAM
Video: 64MB DDR NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420 with TV Out (Dell) (2841)

Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (8007000E). Please delete your armyops.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

History: UD3DRenderDevice::UnSetRes <- CreateDevice <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

I tryed to delete the file like it says by throwing it in the trash (I think it was the right file) I did a search for that file and threw away what it found....

But it still does the same thing at startup.
This is a recent problem and sometimes after restarting computer it doesnt do it. Can anyone tell me whats going on and how to fix it?
thanks
OS
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:17:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure all MicroSoft updates are done, and check Dell's website for updated video drivers for your video card.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top