Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2003 2:23:21 PM EDT
AP  (1000+ posts)     Mon Nov-24-03 11:46 AM
Response to Original message

6. When I hear that Halliburton employees are being targeted, I think, 'yes,

that makes sense to me.' Those are the people benefiting from this, and they're the ones making the money off of it, and they're why we're there.

When I see these pictures, I despair. These poor soldiers gain nothing, and have everything to lose, and they're losing it for Halliburton and Bechtel. This makes no sense to me. It is awful and sickening.

So it's ok to kill consultants and engineers.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 2:37:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Today on DU, horse shit turned a deeper shade of green. [BD]

These people wouldn't become "enlightened" until it was a family member that wound up getting killed like that.  Of course, that would depend on if they would even allow their family to work for "big oil." [rolleyes]

Then again, my brother (one of those "who needs guns anyways" types) now works for Boing doing engineering work, so anything is possible.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 2:55:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Today on DU, horse shit turned a deeper shade of green. [BD]

These people wouldn't become "enlightened" until it was a family member that wound up getting killed like that.  Of course, that would depend on if they would even allow their family to work for "big oil." [rolleyes]

Then again, my brother (one of those "who needs guns anyways" types) now works for Boing doing engineering work, so anything is possible.
View Quote

Your brother works for a company that makes some of the most effecient killing machines in the world. That's not a bad thing. Seems hypocritical though, huh?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top