Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2003 7:33:55 PM EDT
www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/nation/2245050

Nov. 23, 2003, 9:50AM

Philadelphia crime figure who went to prison for racketeering found fatally shot
Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA -- A Philadelphia crime figure who spent nearly seven years in prison for racketeering died today after he was shot in the head and back inside his row house.

Relatives found John Casasanto slumped in his kitchen Saturday afternoon. He was pronounced dead at hospital early Sunday, police Sgt. Roland Lee said.

Casasanto, 35, had been released from prison about three years earlier. He had been arrested in 1994 in a sweeping racketeering indictment against members of the John Stanfa organized crime family and pleaded guilty to racketeering conspiracy. Authorities had accused him of taking part in unsuccessful schemes to murder Stanfa organization foes, and of extorting money from bookies and businesses.

More recently, Casasanto had been charged with assault in the Oct. 23 stabbing of dance-band singer Jonathan "Chico" DeBarge, who had minor injuries after a 3 a.m. altercation outside a Philadelphia nightclub.

Casasanto was to have appeared in court in December on the assault charge.

Philadelphia Police Inspector William Colarulo said the department's organized crime unit was assisting in the investigation of Casasanto's shooting.

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:36:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Obviously, the only way to get to the bottom of this is to sue the gun manufacturers.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#2]
My point was it was a hit. An old-school professional hit. I'd love to get a chance to talk to one of the "pros" who do this.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My point was it was a hit. An old-school professional hit. I'd love to get a chance to talk to one of the "pros" who do this.

Why?
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I got that.

IM sent on the other thing about the thing with that guy.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

To see who they are, how they think - a psychological study if you will.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

To see who they are, how they think - a psychological study if you will.

If he's a pro, you may never live to tell his story. You want to read about an interesting hit man? A real Pro? Do a Google search on Roy Demeo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top