Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2003 5:22:22 PM EDT
I have several windows open, and over on another forum someone was selling a Beretta CX4 local for $500.

Will pick it up tomorrow.

Q: Can a civilian put a suppressor on these CX4's?
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:29:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Pay your tax and get your suppressor.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:32:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I mean these CX4's are obviously post-ban. Can non-LE put a suppressor on them, even with a $200 tax stamp?

BTW, no one will sign for a suppressor around here, so I am referring to a corp.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I almost bought a CX4 but built an AR instead. Now I've sold off the upper(actually traded it for a Sig225) and I'm going to sell the lower and I don't have a foggy freakin' clue what kind of rifle to get.  Keep us posted on how it works, I'd like to know.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:34:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Those Sig P225's are sweet. Always been meaning to get one.

I have a Ruger PC9 and I will compare the two. The CX4 I have handled at the gunshow is okay - they are really small!
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#5]
As long as you only have two "evil features" and one of them includes a threaded barrel/flash suppressor, you can mount a suppressor and still be in compliance with the 94 AWB.  In other words, you can remove the pistol grip, keep the detachable mag and the threaded barrel and still be in compliance with the 94 AWB.  You asked for the current law, and there it is.  I think you'll be able to keep that pistol grip in about another year, though.  

Black Fox
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
As long as you only have two "evil features" and one of them includes a threaded barrel/flash suppressor, you can mount a suppressor and still be in compliance with the 94 AWB.  In other words, you can remove the pistol grip, keep the detachable mag and the threaded barrel and still be in compliance with the 94 AWB.  You asked for the current law, and there it is.  I think you'll be able to keep that pistol grip in about another year, though.  

Black Fox

That's really not a pistol grip is it? It's a thumbhole stock.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#7]
The CX4 doesn't have a pistol grip, it's a thumb hole stock. Also, on another note, I have a TA-90 that I got for a carry gun(traded a nice Taurus Ti, 38 snub for it) but it's way to big and heavy to carry as my CCW gun. That little 225 is perfect and I like the grip alot better then the 239 that I used to have.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry for the double tap,LOL.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Can a supressor be pinned on permanantly in such a way that it doesn't count as an evil feature?
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Can a supressor be pinned on permanantly in such a way that it doesn't count as an evil feature?
View Quote

nope, the suppressor acts as a flash hider
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#11]
That is incorrect. A thumbhole stock is considered a pistol grip under the AWB.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:23:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That is incorrect. A thumbhole stock is considered a pistol grip under the AWB.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm not too familiar with the CX4, but if it doesn't accept "high capacity" mags, then he can put a suppressor on can't he?

A thumbhole stock is considered a pistol grip and a sound suppressor is considered a flash suppressor.

-DEERSNIPER
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm not too familiar with the CX4, but if it doesn't accept "high capacity" mags, then he can put a suppressor on can't he?

A thumbhole stock is considered a pistol grip and a sound suppressor is considered a flash suppressor.

-DEERSNIPER
View Quote

It takes Berrreta 92 mags.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

-DEERSNIPER
View Quote

It takes Berrreta 92 mags.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

-DEERSNIPER
View Quote

Has nothing to do with mag capacity, a 'removable magazine' is an evil feature. So, no, you cannot suppress the CX4. BTW that's a steal, about $20 under dealer cost.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top