Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2003 7:09:51 PM EDT
Ok, so I'm out & about, and decide to swing by the place where I bought my blazer, just to say hello to Charlie (an HONEST used car salesman, believe it or not). I pull up to a red light, behind a few other vehicles, with a couple of Spartanburg county's finest right behind me. Once the light turns green and everybody ahead of me moves on, I head into the intersection and check for anybody coming straight through from the opposite direction, and then make my turn. Well, it was late afternoon and I had been driving into the sun, so I failed to notice that while I was checking to make sure all was clear, the damned light had changed. So I hear the patrol car tap his siren, and look to see a car pulling over, but the patrol car just passes him, so I know it's me he's after. I pulled over, and after putting the window down, shut off the truck, and kept my hands glued to the wheel. I even pulled my shades down on my nose so he could look me in the eyes. Here's the conversation that occured:

Deputy: "Hello, sir; how are you?"

Me: "Oh, not too bad; how're you?"

Deputy: "Pretty good. The reason I pulled you over is because you ran a red light back there."

Me(truly surprised): "I did? Sh*t...I can't believe I did that." (and in response to the deputy's look) "No, no...if you say I did, then I did; it's just that I hate stupid drivers."

Deputy: "Well, sir, may I see your license?"

Me (handing over license): "Sure, here ya go."
Deputy: "Is this your vehicle?"

Me: "Sure is, and paid for, too."

And after he runs my license & tag numbers:

Deputy (handing me back my license): "Sir, what I need you to do...is just be more careful, from now on, OK?"

Me (once again, truly surprised): "Huh? Uh...no problem. I dunno what the ll I was thinkin' back there, man; it's just been that kinda day."

Deputy: "I know the feeling."

Me: "well, you fellas have a good'n."

I only spoke to one, because the other kept to the passenger side rear of my truck, hand on his still-holstered-but ready weapon. (smart move, if ya ask me)

Oh, well...just thought I'd pass along a short story involving cops that ended on a good note. truth be told, though, EVERY encounter I've had with the police has been about like this one.

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Chris Rock:  "If you get pulled over, be polite.  Stay in your car and put your hands on the wheel."

Gangster-type guy: "What the f#@% you want, M@#%ERFU@%ER?"

Chris:  "Unless you want your ass kicked."
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Chris Rock:  "If you get pulled over, be polite.  Stay in your car and put your hands on the wheel."

LOL

"Good day officer, is there a problem"
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:38:00 PM EDT
[#3]
what stupid assholes...
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#4]
You SHOULD have got out of the car, not followed the officers directions, torn off your shirt, sagged your pants, and ran through the neighbors yard like a crazy man yelling, "What I do?!?!" or "I was scared suh!"
The guys on COPS always seem to be doing that.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Must have been a glitch while you were posting. The part about the high-speed chase through 13 counties and across 2 state lines didn't make it. Please repost.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:06:26 PM EDT
[#6]
It's a conspiracy, I'm telling you it's a conspiracy!
This a a classic tactic (I read it somewhere), that the government will use just before total control over the population is implemented.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:12:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Well,  at least they went home safe.

No really, you did what you were supposed to do and so did they.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:32:15 PM EDT
[#8]
dont fail the attitude test, or your gauranteed a ticket and maybe a frisking.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
what stupid assholes...

Care to elaborate?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:39:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
what stupid assholes...

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HE GOT WEED HE GOT WEED
Don't ever ride with a mad woman. She will say anything to watch you get your ass kicked.

"Good day officer, is there a problem"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top