Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2003 5:45:51 PM EDT
Hello folks, the traitors are at it again.  I had not seen any reference to this bill anywhere until I saw it at glocktalk.
http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=200785
This the bill:
http://www.theorator.com/bills108/s969.html
The bill would suspend ALL firearms sales until the homeland security advisory system is "green" for 180 days, among other things.  THIS BILL IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS SUSPENDING OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS AFTER ANOTHER TERRORIST ATTACK.  I am sure the good senators are waiting till something nasty happens to take advantage of the panic that would ensue.  This bill has to die, even if it has not made it anywhere, Senate rules are tricky, we could get blindsided and screwed.  Make your opposition know NOW.  This appears to be as important as the AWB sunset, other members with more knowledge on the Senate can correct me on this.  Let others know SPREAD THE WORD.
edited to link  original glocktalk.com post
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
has the 'threat lvl' even been at green since it was implemented?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Not one frigging day!!  The bastards are waiting, hoping something happens, then ram the bill through.  After something really major happens Congress may be scattered, and communications may not be %100 so........they screw us GOOD!!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:07:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I just got a letter from the NRA about this bill.  That's the first time I heard about something from the NRA before I read it here.

I don't think I have ever seen a more blatantly unconstitutional bill.  Any court that wouldn't immediately overturn it will have proven once and for all that the Constitution is totally meaningless to them.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:15:34 AM EDT
[#4]
things are going to get real interesting around here if another WTC scale event happens
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Where's the beef??

The president, already HAS that authority, all he has to do is declare martial law....

State Governor has the same power...
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Where's the beef??

The president, already HAS that authority, all he has to do is declare martial law....

State Governor has the same power...

I believe the point is.. if tahts the case.. then why do we need a new law saying the same thing?

Sorry but after major attck.. aint no way in hell some one will :
a. come get 'em..
or
b. not allow me to get more..

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Lautenberg's horseshit.

This was introduced in May and only has 3 sponsors after all this time and has been sitting in committee since then.

In other words it's going nowhere fast.

Lautenberg is scum.  Pond scum of the lowest order.  He knows damn well that we'll NEVER see "green" before hell freezes over.  This is nothing more than another attempt to mask gun control under the guise of "public safety".

Asshole.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top