User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:35:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They went LE only
View Quote
They only went LE on 50rd boxes. Only 20’s available for peasants.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
critical duty or defense and ranger are my new go too. The departments I work with dont even use the HST anymore

for some reason  federal ammo think LEO and non LEO are not the same....the police state mentality i guess. LEO and non LEO are civilian yet they like to put both in different category
View Quote
Vista group caved to SJW pressure after Parkland.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

@1999cutiger

Where can we get the reloading data/recipe for 124gr +p and 147gr +p HST?
View Quote
You can reach 1050 fps with a 147 and Blue Dot and it is a hell of a lot more accurate than the factory stuff.

There is a Vihtavouri powder that will allow you to hit 1100-1150 fps, but no idea about accuracy.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 2:33:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You can reach 1050 fps with a 147 and Blue Dot and it is a hell of a lot more accurate than the factory stuff.

There is a Vihtavouri powder that will allow you to hit 1100-1150 fps, but no idea about accuracy.
View Quote
If you mean the 3N38 load in their manual I've read that people are unable to duplicate that.

I ran into the same deal with their N110 max load in .44 Magnum with the 300 gr XTP.  I actually ruptured a case 1.5 grains under that load
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Perhaps Federal figured out how to get some free advertising?
1. Announce HST as too lethal to be sold to mere civilians.  
2. Jack up the price.  
3. Profit because neckbeards buy all the HST inventory.  
4. Release sales to civilians again.  
View Quote
I predicted that in the mega thread, but I was assured I was wrong. Time will tell.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:17:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They only went LE on 50rd boxes. Only 20’s available for peasants.
View Quote
For the mere price of 1/round......for 9mm.  
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
You think that is it? I think that they're just enforcing a preexisting policy
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why do you hate capitalism bro?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a case for an Anti-Trust breakup.
Why do you hate capitalism bro?
Banning a group of willing consumers from buying your product due to pure politics is not capitalism you idiot.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I predicted that in the mega thread, but I was assured I was wrong. Time will tell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
2. Jack up the price.  
You mean companies create artificial demand?  I dont think thats ever been done before.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:22:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got a thousand.  
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You missed the long ass thread about Vista outdoors being a bunch of cunts and not letting dealers sell 50 round boxes to the peons?

It's a $ grab 2x.  The 1st is to cause a run on 50 round boxes in stock, and the 2nd is to force you to buy the 20rd boxes for way too much $/rd.

A good lot of us are boycotting everything Vista sells because of this shit.  

I'm in the market for a bolt gun and I'm super bummed Savage is a Vista held company.........for example.
View Quote
This is a lot of stuff to boycott.

https://vistaoutdoor.com/brands/

ETA: Camp Chef, NOOOOOOOOOOO
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You missed the long ass thread about Vista outdoors being a bunch of cunts and not letting dealers sell 50 round boxes to the peons?

It's a $ grab 2x.  The 1st is to cause a run on 50 round boxes in stock, and the 2nd is to force you to buy the 20rd boxes for way too much $/rd.

I'm in the market for a bolt gun and I'm super bummed Savage is a Vista held company.........for example.

No more Hoppes' 9 either.

Edit: Blackhawk is listed too, so no more SERPA holsters.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

GTFO. Are you serious? Any reason why?

Something else. My online vendor doesnt have 9mm gold dot either in 50 round boxes.
View Quote
Democrats took some power back so ammo is being bought up again by the PTB
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Something else. My online vendor doesnt have 9mm gold dot either in 50 round boxes.
View Quote
Because nobody was buying the 20rd boxes... Except maybe someone who buys a pistol for defense, loads it, and forgets about it, ie: non-gun people.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
SGAmmo has Remington Golden Sabers for $19/50.  Local LE agency has successfully used them for years.
View Quote
After watching some of this guys videos, I am rethinking my self defense ammo choices. He has a lot of videos on ammo. A couple of his videos shows Golden Saber out performing HST, Ranger T and some others as well.
9mm and .45 ACP Federal HST Ammo: Hot or Just Hype?

Why I Don't Like "Hyper" Ammo
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Everyone should go to Federal's website and leave a comment at the contact us site.  Let them know how we plan to vote with out wallets for different ammo.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
The reason is the 50rd boxes were always LE only. They just finally got around to enforcing it on their distributors.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Everyone should go to Federal's website and leave a comment at the contact us site.  Let them know how we plan to vote with out wallets for different ammo.
View Quote
They don't care because they think those LEO contracts will save them.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Eagle eye guns has 124gr, +p, and 147
I just bought 1/4 case of the +p
My 2nd order from them
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You've been bitching about your EE score in a few threads now.......about how you want to sell stuff but your score is too low.

You have 2 feedback, 1/2 of them are negative.  You didn't sell much before.....this is what, the 3rd thread you "would sell but....".
View Quote
You are absolutely correct
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:16:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I wouldn't buy shit from someone who says lol like that, much less from someone who says it twice.
View Quote
Very True
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Damn, SERPAs are all I use in classes
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Well I guess You can count on shipping first then payment.
View Quote
Thanks but not selling mine
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You are absolutely correct
View Quote
Usually a welch results in an EE ban so if you still have access there consider yourself lucky.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The reason is the 50rd boxes were always LE only. They just finally got around to enforcing it on their distributors.
View Quote
Which is laughable because LEO's aren't buying their own ammo, the departments are buying it, and usually in bulk. The chief of police isn't perusing the interwebs looking to save 40/round and $4 on shipping
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just opened up a glass bottle of Hoppes' 9.  Hopefully vista did not own them back then...
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#27]
How do you people shoot this much defensive hp ammo?  
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#28]
I answered the op's question on this very page but y'all too busy arguing to actually break away and buy some
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:35:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I answered the op's question on this very page but y'all too busy arguing to actually break away and buy some
View Quote
I found it in stock on that site as well, but .60 CPR isn't really that exciting.  I guess compared to $1.00+ it's pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#30]
In my ammo box locked away in the ammo Job box.
Many boxes.
Bought sometime back.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
The problem is that every major ammo company has the same policy in theory if not practice. Both Winchester and Hornady in the not so distant past have enforced this policy - I haven't purchased Ranger T in years due to the policy. Speer and Federal seemed lax on the policy. Streichers was a go to for me for years, its how I started buying HST. I assumed over 10 years ago that this kind of situation was going to happen, and I purchased 500 rds of Speer Gold Dot 124gr +p from a distributor on Gun Broker. Everything else I have purchased since then has been to add to the bulk of premium ammo that I can rely on for years to come. Hornady recently cracked down on 50rd boxes of their Critical Duty, which I have been socking away because it has more controlled expansion out of a carbine. With Speer and Federal going the way of Winchester and Hornady - this only leaves Remington to start enforcing their policies against 50rd boxes of Bonded Golden Sabres and the like, and we will be limited to 20-25rd boxes of premium or WWB/UMC boxes of 50rd 1st gen hollow points. I do wonder if the policies will extend to Gold Dot Bonded Rifle, and other LE rounds, such as Federal Flight Control #1 buck. People should complain, but I doubt it will move the goal posts.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#32]
My buddy is LE and my neighbor is LE. I can get all 50 rnd boxes I want.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#33]
500 rds of P9HST2 showed up on my doorstep today.
Not the greatest price at ~$270, but I was lazy and didn't buy from sg when the getting was good.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Just switch to 9mm ball, problem solved

Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Which is laughable because LEO's aren't buying their own ammo, the departments are buying it, and usually in bulk. The chief of police isn't perusing the interwebs looking to save 40/round and $4 on shipping
View Quote
The chief isn't usually the one ordering, and for smaller agencies, pennies of difference between two options can matter.
Fifty round boxes are easier for agencies to manage ammo distribution to patrol officers
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#36]
What were they seriously trying to achieve with this move? We can still buy this super Dee duper LEO only ammo in 20 rd boxes
. So they dont want civilians to have these...but we can still buy them? What the hell is that.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Ive only ever been able to get the 20 rd boxes here in communism. I hope Federal gets their shit together for you guys tho. Ill be in a free state soon and hoping they realize what a stupid decision this was by then
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What were they seriously trying to achieve with this move? We can still buy this super Dee duper LEO only ammo in 20 rd boxes
. So they dont want civilians to have these...but we can still buy them? What the hell is that.
View Quote
Isn’t it obvious?

The LEO boxes come out to, what, 40 cpr, but the civilian boxes are >$1 per round.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have a wife and two girls and we all shoot G19 or G43. We practice. A lot. Most practice is with cheaper alternatives, but practice like you play they say, so we shoot a lot of Gold Dot. Glad I bought that 5K when it was cheap!
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be fair you are also unaffected by it lol
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#41]
I just went and counted, I only have 350 rounds of it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's more than I have of it.

(Maybe 100 total between HST's and Hydra-Shok)

I be slackin'. Been mostly stocking up on range ammo tho. Don't need a whole shit ton of HD/SD ammo
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
2. Jack up the price.  
Perhaps they will do a rebate
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:20:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have a wife and two girls and we all shoot G19 or G43. We practice. A lot. Most practice is with cheaper alternatives, but practice like you play they say, so we shoot a lot of Gold Dot. Glad I bought that 5K when it was cheap!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The 124 Nato recoils the same as the defensive loads.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:24:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's the bulk of what I stock up on as well as shoot. Winchester 9mm NATO.

Not a huge fan of Winchester ammo by any stretch, but I get it much cheaper than any other NATO spec ammo
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have 400 rounds of 124gr +P GDHP, a couple dozen rounds of 124gr GDHP (which will likely be shot tomorrow when I take my new G45 to the range for the first time), a few dozen rounds of 115gr GDHP, and a couple hundred rounds of 9mm Hydra-Shoks in various weights. I'm good-to-go for quite awhile, though I would like to have a couple hundred rounds of 124gr +P's, just so I have enough to rotate the ammo in my carry guns and spare carry mags for a couple more years.

When you have a G17, a couple G19's, and a G45, as well as three extra 17-round mags, loaded at all time, it adds up to a lot of defensive ammo. (119 rounds, to be precise)
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#47]
A certain beloved arfcom vendor in the industry told me today that they've cut way back on production.  Derive from that what you will but to me, sounds like artificial price inflation.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:30:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:43:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Link
View Quote
So a 50% price increase in a couple months?
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 12:38:05 AM EDT
[#50]
If anyone is looking for 50-round boxes of Speer 124gr and 124gr +P 9mm GDHP's for less than $25 per box, send me an IM. Fair warning, the vendor has flat rate shipping of $15 per 50 pounds. If you're not ordering 4-5 boxes at a minimum, the shipping can be a bit of a tough nut to swallow. I recently ordered 4 boxes, for a grand total of $110.96, or $0.5548/round.

If you want the info, I just ask that you don't post it publicly. Send it via IM all you want, but try to keep it on the down low, lest Vista find out the vendor is selling to non-LE and cracks down on them like they did BFGC and others. Keep it discrete and keep the supply line open to the unwashed masses, please.

The only HST the vendor has is in 20-round boxes. They do have some .357 Sig Hydra-Shoks in 50-round boxes, though.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top