Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2003 4:57:45 PM EDT
I have been looking for a new digital watch to replace my old Timex Ironman watch (mainly because I lost it).  I always had my eye on the  G-Shock style watches and recently came across this watch that is apparently solar powered.  It also claims to get its time to the exact settings of the solar clock from the radio signal emitted by Ft Collins.
Do any of you guys own this bad boy and if you do what is your opinion of it?  Is it worth the price tag?  Is it worth buying period?  I have several watches for casual occasions but am looking for a new one for field use (with the Army), range use, and keeping a steady pace when rucking or running.  The specs lead me to believe it should be more than capable but I would like some first hand experiences with it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#1]
ebay $35
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have this one but I've owned several G-Shocks. They Rule.

In may I switched to a Citizen EcoDrive Titanium Chrono.  It's nice but I've already scratched the crystal all up,  I can't see in the dark with it and the @#$@#$ glow paint on the hands only glows for about two hours.  So if SHTF at TEOTWAWKI  at 4:00 a.m.,  I'll have no damn idea what time it's happening.  So it's a nice watch but as far as watches go, not the equal of the GShock.

Only downside is that GShock bands suck. They aren't buckle down. They are strap models so they have this freakin strap tail hanging out. Since I have large wrists I don't have enough strap left to reliably  tuck under the little retainer loop but that's minor.  

They're great watches, for the price you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one.

It is the shiz-nit.

Heavy stainless steel main body, recessed crystal, rubber coated.

I also have bid wrists, last hole, the end tucks into the band reatiner just fine.

It's a little heavier, weight wise than othe watches I have had. But it is built like a tank.

I have had mine 2-3 months. There is't one scratch on the crystal. For that matter there are no wear, or uh-oh related marks anywhere on the watch.

I have head to replace most of my past watches do to dings, wear, and damage to the crystals. I am very hard on watches. The Casio is overbuilt even for me.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll second what OLY-M4gery said.I Have had mine a couple of months also. Gets it's nightly time updates as long as I leave it near a window. I haven't seen the power level below full. I also like the way the crystal is recessed, no scratches yet either.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I am still wearing a 1st generation g-shock.  It takes everything including wrestling with psychotic patients.  The only problem is I keep breaking the band but they have improved the newers I am looking at upgrading for more features.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one, as does one of the other guys at my office.  

I really like it.

Got it at Costco for about $40.

When it came out of the box the little battery line said that it was at medium and I was a little concerned but since I wore it the first day it has never dropped below the maximum charge line.

I finally got pissed at the auto update feature.  I just turned it off...  it was supposed to do it every night.  It works pretty good just doing it on demand whenever I think about it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top