Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2003 4:04:20 PM EDT
I have a wall hanger firearm, an M1 Garand that I got from my uncle; though it isn’t as much as wall hanger as the shotgun my grandfather has that was last fired at the end of WWII.

I got to thinking about wall hangers and in my half desire to get blitzed tonight I almost opened a “wall hanger” bottle of Brandy that I picked up duty free back in ’93.

I originally purchased this bottle cause I could, I think I was 22 at the time, and also because I was in Spain returning from a Med Cruise aboard the USS Kauffman FFG 59.  Part of me wanted to keep this bottle for my wedding party table, another part of me wants to keep it for my 50th anniversary dinner (though I’m not married yet.)

A couple of times I wanted to crack it open just to try it, tonight was no exception.  I figured that I would do some research on this bottle and I came to find out that the brandy is aged for twelve years before bottling, that makes this bottle at least twenty-tree years old, maybe a little older, there isn’t a date on the bottle, but it does have the English government warning label so I don’t think that is much older than I estimated.

Just to throw this question out there; does anyone else have a “wall hanger” bottle of liquor or what not just waiting for the time to be opened even though you know that you will never open it?

Mine is a bottle of Carlos I Imperial Brandy De Jerez Solera Gran Reserva bottled by Pedro Domecq.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top