User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2003 12:11:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
WHY dear Lord! WHY can't I find something like that! WHY! [>Q]
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Officials did not release the name of the driver because the investigation is continuing and because they fear he or his relatives could be in danger, Doyle said.

That's an big "NO DUH...!"
The cartel gonna be pissed!
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:16:15 PM EDT
[#3]
why would you be pulling over an 18 wheeler?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#4]
18 wheelers always get pulled over. To make sure  they're roadworthy and to check the books.

Basically, they're singled out to take it in the ass for all of the un-roadworthy cars, pickups, & trailers that go with them.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:34:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Was the truck heading north or south????

Who the hell is not gonna notice an 18 wheeler of biscuits heading into mexico????
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:38:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I bet somebodys camel herd is going to go hungry.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
why would you be pulling over an 18 wheeler?

NAFTA
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Likely to be going south. That route is a MAJOR dope trafficking route. You wouldnt believe the amount of dope found at the Border Patrol checkpoint in Falfurrias, TX, which is just south of Alice.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
18 wheelers always get pulled over. To make sure  they're roadworthy and to check the books.

Basically, they're singled out to take it in the ass for all of the un-roadworthy cars, pickups, & trailers that go with them.

Chill.  Just last week a man was KILLED by the wheel assembly that FELL OFF a truck.  Driver had an expired annual medical and his log book had not been touched for 4 months.  The other wheels were missing a majority of their hardware.  

Here in Texas, bad trucks and dangerous drivers litter the short haul market.  And most dump trucks should be condemned.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Good.  I feel much safer for the removal of that cash.  It is always a wonderful use of our resources to seize unexplainable cash, and put the onus on the posessor to prove it is "legal", this does wonders to the perception of a "burden of proof" legal system.  I am glad that all over our great country, every day, in many places, local and federal agencies can buy new things with cash seized from people, because after all, the only use for large amounts of cash is criminal enterprise.  Happens here all the time, but in much smaller amounts, merely a few hundreds of thousands of dollars that cannot be satisfactorily "explained" to the Gestapo.  It's pretty safe to just go ahead and spend, too, because after all, when's the last time anyone actually PROOVED that the cash was legit?  Oh hell, there HAVE been a few times, like folks travelling to another state to buy a car or a piece of equipment or something, but in NONE of those cases did they get their money back anyhow, didn't "prove it" enough, I guess.  Keep up the good work, guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top