Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2003 11:36:22 AM EDT
I am in a bit of a Dilema here.  I am about 1 year from graduating from college BS in Civil Engineering. taking full time and summer.  I also have a kid in the way and my wife is a about to start a physician assistant program, which will leave both of us without a job and a new baby.  
Today, I received a call from the department of Homeland Security asking if I would take a position about 1 hour from where I live.  This is a big deal because I wasn't expecting a duty station this close to home.  I have a headache from trying to decide.  what do you guys think?
thanks
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 11:40:16 AM EDT
[#1]
What are you trying to decide?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 11:58:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Your education is important, but the most important thing in your life should be your wife and child.  How are you going to pay the bills?  Will you have insurance?

I don't know all the particulars, but how about,
take the job with dept of Homeland Security. (hopefully good pay and medical benefits) Your wife continues at school, you both take care of your child.  After wife has her P.A. work completed you finish up your schooling.

Just a thought and I'm sure you could do it many different ways. Take the job and go to school, wife raises baby and does not do the P.A. thing. Etc....
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:00:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Our plan was to tough it for about 6 months without work...  WE have a bit saved up to cover that time, but lack of insurance really makes me nervous.  Even though I am looking already I don't know for sure if I will have a job immediately upon graduation.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top