Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2003 8:17:33 AM EDT
I'm at work and can't get motivated to do anything.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been home sick for a WEEK - doctor's orders.
"Shields at 79% and holding..."
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:20:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one class today.
It's Russian.
We have a test.
I'm taking a break from studying since 2030 last night, with a 6 hour sleep break.
I have all the vocab memorized (there's 50 sheets of paper covered with me writing every word between 5 and 20 times. Good way to memorize words). I think I have them all down pat and we didn't exactly cover anything new this chapter but a bunch of vocab.

I think I'll go panic for a bit anyway.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:30:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Late for work, up all morning (since 4:00)with a sick child, son running 102 temp, wife is menstrating, opening day of deer hunting is tomorrow, wife is having a pampered chef type party tomorrow, house needs cleaning, basement is ready for second coat of plaster, insurance forms are due today (28% increase), my feet stink, my head hurts and I don't see any change in the near future.

Hey...you asked.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:30:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm getting paid $40/hour to surf the internet.  I just spent this hour's pay on Medal of Honor.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:34:01 AM EDT
[#5]
A little hungover.....
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:34:42 AM EDT
[#6]
damn...sweet job!

I'm banging my head against a desk trying to engineer a carbon change out configuration for a soil vapor extraction system for a state funded haz-waste site.

Friggin backpressure keeps shorting out the vacuum blower.  But I think I just found a solution.  Unfortunately it means a $5,000 change order that'll need approval before I send my guys out.  That'll make the afternoon interesting, specially when I tell the client.

Ah...just realized it's lunch time.  I guess that makes THIS Friday pretty good!
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:35:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
A little hungover.....

One of the reasons for the no motivation thing...
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:38:36 AM EDT
[#8]
11 more days of work this year.

Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#9]
It's Going allright,

Im ready to go home,

got paid, GF is being snippy,

But at least I can go get some 9mm and go plinking afterwork.

ahhh Sig 226 you're my only friend.

but for real its aight.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Today is the first day I havent been sick since last Friday.

I REALLY want to leave and go do something fun.

Work is slow. I WANT OUT!
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Absolute hell.  I was working until 0200 THIS MORNING because I cannot get a license to a certain application...the wankers here sit on a license and pull their tiny puds all day.  Since i am low man on the totem pole, I don't get a say. Oh yes, the reason more licenses are not bought is because they cost $10k a year and that goes against the profit motive.

So I twiddle my thumbs all day, getting paid to surf the LIMITED sites they allow and then when the pud pullers go home, I get my work done.  It leads to NO personal life to  speak of but at least I have high speed internet access.  Fvck them if they complain.  Buy me a freaking license or STFU.

Its lunch right now and I am tempted to jerk some RJ45's out of the back of a few computers while the jerk-offs are at lunch but then they will just force me to log out when they return.

In the meantime, I think I will start a few intensive processess on their computers just to slow down whatever they are working on.  They don't have root logon so they will never see why their processes (if they are even doing any)didn't complete.

Such is the life of a corporate clusterfvck.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:57:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Awesome so far. First snow of the season (even though it all melted right away). No classes or work, I'm going to help my dad install a new TV and DVD player, I might go shooting, all my friends are coming back from their colleges for Thanksgiving break, and uhhh I have 5 boxes of .458socom en route!
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Oh yes, despite working until the wee fvcking hours of the morning, I met and had breakfast with a SoF writer and former SF officer who also spent loads of time in foreign service.  Interesting fellow.  Suggested I use my talents in foreign serivce.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:00:51 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm trying to import my company's HR database into Microsoft Great Plains, and the damn thing keeps complaining that I don't have the 2003 tax files installed, when I just installed them 3 times!  

So in frustration, I turn the General Discussion to relax while I wait for the high-priced accountant consultants to fix everything.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:01:34 AM EDT
[#15]
I made one jump this morning for cash. Nothing in the appointment book so here I am!
My Friday evening is looking good though.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:17:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Waiting for 3pm Mountain time.....
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:21:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I just secured a 2.1 million dollar federal shot in the arm for my airport.

MG
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:21:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, it's looking better...the section manager is rewarding our strong week with a trip to the local strip joint.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:22:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Well, I am doing okay this Friday.  I am waiting on the mail and then I am going out truck shopping some more.

After that I am hoping to buy some ammo and maybe take the family out to dinner.  Then sex afterwards.

AT least thats my goal...but rarely do things go the way I plan them.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Busy for me this morning but it's getting better as day ends.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:38:37 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm in the second day ofmy 4 day weekend, go back to work for 2 days and then another 4 day weekend
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:13:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I just got out of Russian. I think I did okay. I think.

Yuengling Lager is my friend.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:15:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, let's see.....

1) BAD cold

2) BAD stomach bug (like pissing out of poth ends)

3) Divorce pending

4) My project at work is SNAFU because our supplier screwed up

5) My 3:30 job interview decided not to show up, so I lost my chance to go home early

6) Vic-Vega hates my avatar (only kidding)

So, other than that, thing's are just peachy.... [:\]

Edited because, after thinking it all over, I'm alive, mostly healthy, well-fed, and saved. What have I got to bitch about?

Thank you, HardShell, for reminding me to keep my priorities straight...
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Pretty good day:

The weather is BEAUTIFUL today.

Slow day at work - all caught up...

The Arfcom photo server is working for me again...

Met my wife at the pediatrician's office earlier and "Junior" is doing great...

My old pastor showed up unexpectedly at the office & I got to take him out to lunch...

Got a call that my new entertainment center for the playroom has finally arrived - I drove my truck today, so I'll be picking it up on the way home tonight...

Just heard from my Dad - the folks from Amos Minter's shop out in Texas are delivering his '56 Thunderbird to B'ham at 11am tomorrow morning & he wants me up there, camera in hand, to help him "break it in"...

And the Alabama air is crisp with the anticipation of tomorrow evening's "Iron Bowl" - the game half of this state obsesses over for most of the year...

Yep - a pretty good day.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:25:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I am about ready to jump in the shower so I can goto work. I will have to deal with Shitty people that never have anything nice to say, Their lives are always falling apart. Then they expect me to fix it "right now".

I guess it could be better for a friday night. But I have a feeling that it is going to BLOW!...

BTW...DON'T call 9-1-1 unless it is a REAL EMERGENCY!...Im tired of playing shrink, Im not a F*<king mind reader. Just remmember It could be your grandma that needs the help.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I feel really good today.
Here is a cutaway of the Wright Flyer's Four Banger:
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, I did hit my 3000th post.............
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
...Thank you, HardShell, for reminding me to keep my priorities straight...

My old Granddaddy used to always say that any day he woke up and wasn't burning in a lake of fire was a good day...

...I always try to remember that - I don't always succeed, but I try...
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Well I don't have to go to my day job tomorrow, so that is a good thing.  And if I have a tax stamp from the NFA waiting for me at home it will be a great day.  Otherwise, I will drink cognac and it will still be a great day.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Other than a struggle with a chemical spreader at work today I'm fine...I won BTW.

Just popped the cap on my 1st cold one.

Work 2 days next week and off for 5 days, WooHoo!

ARFCOM is up...

Life is Good!

Danny
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 1:21:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Not a good day. Had to fire someone. Yes the person deserved it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 4:48:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Blew off work (hang-over) and went hunting instead!

This day turned out better than expected.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Well, I'm currently unemployed, by choice, sorta. Been working on a job, and they had an interview for me last Monday, asked me to come back today at 10Am for a second interview. After I get home from that, one of my friends calls me to let me know that they called him to ask about my past work history... `bout ten minutes later they call me back for my third interview, set now for Sunday at 10:15 AM. I dont even have the phone hung up and it rings again and its my other friend, also calling to say that they contacted him as my second referance... and it sounded like they were interested in me.

After that, I went out duck hunting for the evening with my father. Didn't bag anything, but who cares!! The sky was full of swans, geese, and ducks as we were packing to go home. Not to mention the killer sunset, or remembering past hunting trips with my father.

Currently surfing ARFCOM, drinking beer, and eating salmon and steak and chatting with my parents (who are always glad I come over on Friday nights to mooch steak )

Could be much worse I guess...
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 5:52:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Got a 45/50 on my third Italian test of the quarter.  This is the third time this has happened, I suppose I should no longer be surprised by my brilliance.  

Still waiting to get in contact with a girl I was supposed to have gone out with last weekend...  

I suppose if that doesn't work out I might go shooting tomorrow.  Otherwise I'm just going to hang out here and relax.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#36]
I don’t know about anybody else, but after tonight I only have to work one more day this month.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 5:54:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Well let's see I'm off today.  The girl I'm seeing just got out of the hospital today.  I'm going bird hunting in the morning.  I spanked the monkey twice today.  

Could be worse.

[beavis]Thank you for concern...drive thru[/beavis]
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Missed a half-day of OT(I need the $$$) and stayed in bed & slept most of the day. Not hung-over...

BAD headache & body aches, very sore throat, painful raspy cough & hurts to talk, lots of sinus drip...

Sucks to be me right now...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top