Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2003 6:10:54 PM EDT
< GROOOOOAAAAAAAAN >

Pimping his new book, Hegemony or Survival no doubt.

On the cover, it sports this testimonial from the New York Times: "Arguably the most important intellectual alive."

It's a truncated quote, which in its entirety reads "Arguably the most important intellectual alive, how can he write such nonsense about international affairs and foreign policy?"

Kind of hints at the mendacity between the covers.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL, then again, when has the NY Times' opinion ever been the deciding factor in your reading selection?
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:24:14 PM EDT
[#3]
How dare they?!  I'm the most important intellectual alive!
I've started a new political party.  I am going to take over the world.  I call it DoubleFeed's New Ruling Class.
(Thanks, Scott Adam )
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
LOL, then again, when has the NY Times' opinion ever been the deciding factor in your reading selection?

Hey, the NY Times is the corporate-owned ruling class hypnotizer of the working classes in Chomskyland.  Still, they thought they were entitled to distort the Times' criticism of Chomsky's ideas and spin them into praise.  Tells you a lot about Chomsky (i.e., he's full of shit).
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:33:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, the NY Times is the corporate-owned ruling class hypnotizer of the working classes in Chomskyland.  Still, they thought they were entitled to distort the Times' criticism of Chomsky's ideas and spin them into praise.  Tells you a lot about Chomsky (i.e., he's full of shit).

Yeah we had to read his works in college, and I'm inclined to agree. By the way, you seem well read, have you ever read any R. Buckminster Fuller?

Edited to say: "his works" meaning parts of this and parts of that, just to clarify.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#6]
When I was like 12 or 13.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Conspiro-Agnew

That's the funniest screen name I've seen here in a long time!
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Conspiro-Agnew

That's the funniest screen name I've seen here in a long time!

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Chomsky is a giant in the field of Linguistics. Outside the field of Linguistics, he is ten pounds of shit in a five pound bag.

[Note to DoubleFeed: I understand how Chomsky would feel if he were interested in ARs, came to this site, and saw this post. Do what you have to do.]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
< GROOOOOAAAAAAAAN >

On the cover, it sports this testimonial from the New York Times: "Arguably the most important intellectual alive."

Arguably the most self-important intellectual alive, perhaps.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:48:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Chomsky is a giant in the field of Linguistics. Outside the field of Linguistics, he is ten pounds of shit in a five pound bag.

[Note to DoubleFeed: I understand how Chomsky would feel if he were interested in ARs, came to this site, and saw this post. Do what you have to do.]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top