Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2003 12:12:32 PM EDT
I downloaded some Peter Tosh songs.  From his album, _The Toughest_.  I really like it.  I think I need more reggae in my CD collection.

Any suggestion on artists or albums to check out?

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:33:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Peter is cool, but dead. My favorite is Yellowman, he is the best I've seen in person.
I used to go to Chicago alot to see different bands at The Wild Hare and Exodus 2. Andrew Tosh is pretty good, Gregory Isaacs rocks,Little Lenny is another great one. When I was in high school I went to a Ziggy Marley show in Barrington IL. We were the first car in the parking lot. Ziggy came out and burned one with us, it was awesome. He told my buddy he was too drunk and was not going to make it to  see the show. He was right.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I downloaded some Peter Tosh songs.  From his album, _The Toughest_.  I really like it.  I think I need more reggae in my CD collection.

Any suggestion on artists or albums to check out?

-Nick Viejo.

1.  Bob Marley!
2.  The Eithiopians
3.  Ooklah the Moc
4.  King Tubby
5.  The Scientist
6.  Hugh Mundell
7.  Dread Ashanti
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 1:01:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to Half.com and buy the Bob Marley album "Legend".

This is essential for any reggae collection.

Good listening.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 1:13:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Third World
U Roy
Big Youth
The Abyssinians
Toots and the Maytals
The Gladiators
Mighty Diamonds
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:15:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Go old school, listen to Ska.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#6]

You guys never cease to amaze I and I.

Ok, which one of you guys in this thread has dreads?
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Steel Pulse is pretty good!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top