Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2003 9:23:10 AM EDT
My Dad just bought a brand new Ski-doo Summit 800 for me to ride.  It is sweet I am itching to take it out.  We also have a Polaris 800 RMK.  I have always favored the polaris, so this year will be a new experiance for me.  We mostly do mountain climbing/powder riding here.  Any one out there have an opinion on this (polaris v. skidoo).  Or any good snowmobiling stories.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:33:12 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:58:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Finally, another sledhead on Arfcom.  Yeah, I've got a ski-doo, I prefer them to the polaris.  

The 800 is a good motor, with pipes and porting they really pull hard.  What length of track do you have?

We all use 159's with rolled chaincases to get the best floatation and powder performance.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:47:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it like 156, but I could be wrong.  I dont know what is standard this year.  I do know it has the 2" paddles.  

My Dad said there was a foot and a half of new snow where he was at today...I am so jealous.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:48:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't need snowmobiles here.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 7:15:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I would say that Ski-doo is alot less maint and more riding if you ride close to sea level then head to the mountains during the weekend not having to re-jet like the polaris and cat guys is sure nice.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:23:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I have 2 sleds, both are Polaris.  One is a'97 Indy Trail, 488cc air cooled, the other is a '98 XC, 600 liquid cooled and pipes.  

Both are very reliable and both have been ridden hard.  Regardless of what you buy, you must take extra care of it.  Polaris makes a simple, reliable, and easily maintained sled.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:21:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Yamaha.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Hmm, seems strange that a SNOWMACHINE would need liquid cooling. [Boomhauer]Dang ol Japs woowee man,[/Boomhauer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top