Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2001 6:11:00 PM EDT
I was thinking about getting a 590a1, I was thinking a 9 shot model, 20 inch barrel. What is the model that is mil-spec? Want the lug on it too.
Can I shoot slugs and shot with no problem?
What is a good price?
I was planning to go to the FFL after work today.

Well,
I went to my dealer, and I can get the 590a1, 20 inch, with lug, ghost ring sights, for $400.
This is the model number I heard is the good one, with the heavy barrel, and the metal trigger guard.
# 51663

Am I correct?
Thanks for any help.
c-rock

Link Posted: 5/10/2001 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. You are correct. The 590A1 is the milspec model with the metal trigger guard and safety. Haven't priced one in a while, but $400 seems a tad bit high--maybe not. I'm really not sure. But that is the right model. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#2]
$400 is a little high....but not if it`s the ghost rings....if you need them....but for 20$ or so and it`s there, go for it!...[shotgun]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Well... seems like a perfect time to show mine off! :D

[img]http://www.jps.net/badzorak/WebImages/MOSSY.JPG[/img]
[img]http://www.jps.net/badzorak/WebImages/MOSSY4.JPG[/img]
[img]http://www.jps.net/badzorak/WebImages/MOSSY2.JPG[/img]

As you can see, it is the M590A1

It has the ring sights and speed stock which holds 4 rounds, 2 on each side.

Holds 8 in the tube + 1 if I remember correctly.

I paid a little over $400 for mine (in CA EVERYTHING is more expensive).
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Mossy`s come a long way in the past few years!.........[shotgun]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#5]
590A1 model # 51663,..yup.

i paid $420 for mine. it has the ghost ring sights, but not speed stock. metal tigger guard, 20 inch heavy barrel, 9-shot, and accessory lug (yeah right, it's the bayo lug). so, it's about the right price, considering i live in Kali.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#7]
My local dealer is asking $390 and they don't have ghost ring sights. I thought that was a bit much, guess not.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I got mine on sale last X-Mas for $375. Yes you can shoot slugs out of em. Pretty damn accurate to 50yds. We were shooting a silhouette and were putting them all in the torso area. Oh I forgot, one of the AK-47.net members, resitor, shot a set of eyes on our target. Wether he meant to or not, it was impressive and funny as hell when you see the sunlight shine throught the holes.

here's mine.

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/001/kR/5Q/Sm/NC12560.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 5/10/2001 11:08:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey where can I get a bayo lug for my 18 1/2"  590A1?
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 11:15:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 11:59:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 12:09:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Gloftoe,

I got it direct from Bushmaster: [url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/accessories/gc-bayoscabkit.htm[/url]

$30 is high... but it was brand new, not "slightly used". Plus I knew it would work and if not I could send it back.

I hate that scabard crap, first time you put the bayo in it scratches the hell out of it and looks like crap. Wish I knew that before.. I woulda never used it. Ah well..
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 4:55:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Dealer cost on your gun is $329.99, so I would say $400 is not too bad, especially when the cost must have shipping added.  I have one w/o the ghost ring sights and love it but am going to replace it with one like you want.  Dealers have a hard time making anything on new guns with all us cheap bastards.  LOL  Good luck, you will love it.
View Quote

Its $400 with his "cut" and the tax too.
Shipping is going to be $10-20.  
This is in Cook County, Illinois.   20 mins from chicago.  

I am a cheap bastard.  A real cheap bastard. Except for women, guns, and cars.
come to think of it, that is why I am so cheap on everything else.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 4:56:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My local dealer is asking $390 and they don't have ghost ring sights. I thought that was a bit much, guess not.
View Quote

This is total, with Tax, and fees. His cut too.  
Anyways, I noticed you are from Illinois. You should meet up with us on the 27th, down at the pit.
c-rock
[url]www.illinois-shooter.org
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 4:58:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
590A1 model # 51663,..yup.

i paid $420 for mine. it has the ghost ring sights, but not speed stock. metal tigger guard, 20 inch heavy barrel, 9-shot, and accessory lug (yeah right, it's the bayo lug). so, it's about the right price, considering i live in Kali.
View Quote

I was trying to make sure I was ordering the right one. I do not like plastic in guns, except in my Ar's.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 5:17:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
c-rock, that shotgun retails for $573 so I'd say you did good. I recently bought a M590A1, paid $399 for it (stock #51663). The best price I'd seen online is $415 and I considered having my friendly neighborhood kitchen table gun dealer order one for me but a local gun store beat that price and I saved shipping costs and dealer transfer fee, still had to pay tax and DROS though.

Only problem is his distributor sent the wrong gun (the 590 [b]NOT A1[/b] version, stock #5[b]0[/b]663), and now I have to wait a couple of weeks before I can pick it up.

FYI, stock #51668 is the same as #51663 except is has a speedfeed stock. Stock #51660 has the bead sight and retails for about $100 less than the one with the ghost ring sight.

SILVER SURFER, sorry dude, can't put a bayonet on a Mossy with a 18.5" barrel... well, you can attach it with duct tape but the bayo lug only comes on the 20" barrels. [:)]

Gloftoe, your receiver should already be drilled and tapped for the rear ghost ring sight. Installing the front sight might get to be expensive though. To do it right it has to be soldered on and the barrel reparkerized. You may want to consider a MMC front sight. They make a clamp-on band front sight that installs without gunsmithing.
View Quote

Thanks for the info.  
I was thinking of replacing the stock with a pistol grip one.  
I have a thing for pistol grip weapons.  
c-rock
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 8:08:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Pretty damn accurate to 50yds. We were shooting a silhouette and were putting them all in the torso area. Oh I forgot, one of the AK-47.net members, resitor, shot a set of eyes on our target. Wether he meant to or not, it was impressive and funny as hell when you see the sunlight shine throught the holes.
View Quote

FOR CLARIFICATION:
Sluggo had PLACED that silhouette at 75 or 100yds LT, I cant remember which, and yes, I was aiming at the head, and yes, it was 2 eyes AND two ears, and yes, it was with my 590A1 20" with a bead sight. Ghost ring sights??? Who needs em' with rifled slugs?

Are they accurate? You decide...I'm keeping mine.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Well,
I talked to my dealer this morning, and he is ordering it as we speak. I should get it sometime next week, and for sure it will be at the next pit meet.  If you want to try it, just ask. I do need go break it in.
I also am picking up a used S & W, 38 special from him too. 4 inch heavy barrel, blued, full frame also. New york cop turn in.  Thing is nice. Heavy, the kinda of pistol cops back in the day used to beat the shit out of people in the back of a alley. Maybe a couple of whores too.
Felt nice in the hand.  
Well, I just have to go to the bank, and cough up $600 today.
c-rock

Link Posted: 5/11/2001 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well,
I talked to my dealer this morning, and he is ordering it as we speak. I should get it sometime next week, and for sure it will be at the next pit meet.  If you want to try it, just ask. I do need go break it in.
I also am picking up a used S & W, 38 special from him too. 4 inch heavy barrel, blued, full frame also. New york cop turn in.  Thing is nice. Heavy, the kinda of pistol cops back in the day used to beat the shit out of people in the back of a alley. Maybe a couple of whores too.
Felt nice in the hand.  
Well, I just have to go to the bank, and cough up $600 today.
c-rock

View Quote
                                            Sounds like a model 10 s/w..you`re going to love it...i bought a mod13 years back for a beater/trainer....i have NOT treated it kindly over the years....except that recently i refurbished it....what a nice example of old service guns....and one of the best shooters of the bunch......hope it was around 100$....local guy had one a couple months ago..$125....almost went, but on to bigger and better things.....GREAT FUN and cheap in 38....good move......[smoke]
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#21]
C-ROCK: WHAT IF I PUT THE BAYO IN THE END OF THE BARREL AND SHOOT IT OUT? YOU KNOW LIKE A SPEAR! THINK IT WILL WORK? HU? HU? HU?
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
j3,

Yep. It only holds 8 rounds in magazine tube and one in chamber. It's normal to call it 9 rounders.

For example, we can't call AR15 31 rounders because it has detachable magazines. It can be called 101 rounders, 41 rounders, 21 rounders, rounders and so on.

So, it's customary to call any rifles with fixed magazine system as (insert #) rounders that also includes one in chambers.

-[blue]ChaZ[/blue]

P.S.- I love Mossy 590A1, do you know that you can put the swivel stud in the back of bayo lug so your sling won't interfere with bayo installment. I just saw that on someone's picture and lo, there was a hole in back of lug. I've already installed the swivel stud there and will order sling and bayo when I get more cash...
View Quote

Ah, I see you have DWGS Syndrome!!!

Bradd (remember me?)

P.S.- Dimwits Without Grammar Skills.  By the way, I figured out where the swivel stud went about thirty seconds after I took my shotgun out of the box, but then again it's not in the owner's manual so that explains why you didn't know.  Have a nice day!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top