Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2003 3:40:45 AM EDT
On Fox news last night they said the police had to use a locksmith when they searched his gay neverland ranch. Why the hell didn't they just knock in every locked door with a battering ram like they would have with a normal person?
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 3:46:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Fame and money = special treatment.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 3:46:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Why?  Its California!  Hire a professional locksmith @ $120 per hour, plus the markup which will eventually kick back to some official. The idea is not to pay the debt off but to add to it

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 3:50:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Fame and money = special treatment.

exactly
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:00:06 AM EDT
[#4]
because he's RICH!!!

Sure, he's a pooper-humping pedophile who ought to be strung-up by his shriveled little 'nads, but he's still RICH!!!

It's good to see them finally get that bastard. Matbe this time he won't be able to buy-off his victims like he did last time.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:35:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Because doors are only knocked in when speed is important in a warrant execution. Jackson is in Las Vegas filming music videos, and speed is not a requirement  in the entry into his residence.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:44:36 AM EDT
[#6]
You can never *ever* get a conviction on a million dollars.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:02:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You can never *ever* get a conviction on a million dollars.

Word!
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:35:47 AM EDT
[#8]
because he has real expensive stuff and they don't want to get stuck paying for the damage if they were wrong.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:36:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Because doors are only knocked in when speed is important in a warrant execution. Jackson is in Las Vegas filming music videos, and speed is not a requirement  in the entry into his residence.

That's right on the money. It's not uncommon to call people to meet the officers at a place to be searched if it's known that nobody's home, so the place can be unlocked instead of bashed in. Kicking in doors happens when (1) speed or surprise is legitimately important (2) there are people inside who can't or won't open the door or (3) piss-poor judgment leads to a dynamic entry for no good reason. While I think (hell, I know) forced entry is over-used, it is by no means universally used, even on poor people.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:15:47 AM EDT
[#10]
It seems to me that you all have him tried and convicted, just like the media has. I don't like him/it at all but isn't it innocent untill proven guilty?
AB
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:27:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Someone who dishes out millions of dollars to stay out of the bing only leave me thinking one thing......GUILTY AS SIN!  

.....THE PARENTS WHO ACCEPTED THE 24 MILLION DOLLAR OUT OF COURT SETTLEMENT 10 YEARS AGO BASICALLY IN MY OPINION RELEASED A  PEDAPHILE BACK INTO THE PUBLIC TO COMMIT MORE CRIMES AGAINST HELPLESS AND TRUSTING CHILDREN.

IS THERE ANY POSSIBLE LIABILTY IN THIS?

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:59:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It seems to me that you all have him tried and convicted, just like the media has. I don't like him/it at all but isn't it innocent untill proven guilty?
AB

In court, he is, but nowhere else. If your point is well taken, maybe we should apply the Evidence Code to discussions as well.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Special handling occurs in celebrity cases because the celebrities draw mdia and fans and possibly whacked out fans, and special handling makes it easier for the LE agency to get it's job done quicker.

having the booking out at the airport (Is that where it finally happened) avoids the circus at the jail, blocking streets, keeping the regulars from getting in to see their loved ones in the slammer, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top