Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2003 12:18:26 AM EDT
I've been carying my colt govt 70 now that it is colder instead of my mini Kimber.  How do you guys carry full size 1911's.  I have a side belt but it sticks out like a sore thuby without a jacket.  the only way I found is the small of my back with no holster or a sholder rig which is worthless IMO.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:21:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a GOOD IWB (Sparks, Alessi, ect..) with a GOOD double thick gunbelt (Sparks, Alessi...see a pattern?).
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:24:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Is "IWB" in the belt?
Do you carry in the small of your back or on teh strong side?
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:25:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Bianchi 19L, Cond1 thumb break under a loose shirt not tucked in or a jacket.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:46:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is "IWB" in the belt?

I carry just aft of my right hip. About 4 o'clock.

Forget thumbreaks for a defensive handgun. If it's concealed, then you shouldn't need to worry about a snatch.

IWB=Inside the waistband.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:48:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is "IWB" in the belt?

I carry just aft of my right hip. About 4 o'clock.

Forget thumbreaks for a defensive handgun. If it's concealed, then you shouldn't need to worry about a snatch.

IWB=Inside the waistband.

Just must need to get used to that clunker, the Kimber is great, but the Colt gets jelous
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 1:51:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Sparks Versa-Max II hides my full size Wilson under a t-shirt.

Quality holster matched to a quality belt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top