Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2003 1:35:05 PM EDT
Hello,

I was at the range over the weekend and saw someone shooting an 11" AR15 w/collapsible stock. I want to get the same set-up but have questions about going thru the ATF SBR tax-stamp.

I understand its also $200 and I have to wait 6-months or so. Do I need to have LEO sign-off on it? Once I receive the permit, can I travel out of state with the firearm? What if I move? Do I have to re-register it?

Please advise....thanks, Mayday.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hello,

I was at the range over the weekend and saw someone shooting an 11" AR15 w/collapsible stock. I want to get the same set-up but have questions about going thru the ATF SBR tax-stamp.

I understand its also $200 and I have to wait 6-months or so. Do I need to have LEO sign-off on it? Once I receive the permit, can I travel out of state with the firearm? What if I move? Do I have to re-register it?

Please advise....thanks, Mayday.

Welcome to the wonderfully addictive world of NFA.  You have to get the CLEO sign-off unless you form a business and buy/register the items thru your business.  If you go out of state, you have to notify NFA branch and you can only go to NFA friendly states.  If you move, it can only be to a NFA friendly state if you want to take the item with you.  No "re-registration", only notification.  The $200 tax is a one-time deal.  You can decide to take it off the registry by notifying NFA but you don't get your tax back.  Have fun.  Now go buy a suppressor for that thing!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Ooops.  Forgot to add:  go here and be amazed...

http://www.recguns.com/Sources/IIF1.html
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:18:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes....No....Yes....Yes...No.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, thanks for the info pazzo. The link provided answers all the questions I could possibly ever have....

Regards, Mayday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top