Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2003 11:55:55 AM EDT
While the GD board here is predominantly male, the GD board there on Glocktalk is very female in spirit. Why is that? What is it about Glocks that attract women? While I have no problem with Glocktalk, I don't go into their GD forum. Too much talk about kitty cats.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
While the GD board here is predominantly male, the GD board there on Glocktalk is very female in spirit. Why is that? What is it about Glocks that attract women? While I have no problem with Glocktalk, I don't go into their GD forum. Too much talk about kitty cats.

Maybe Glock owners are just gay.

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Whenever I go to GlockTalk, I only visit the "Big Dawgs Club" ... forum for .45

I think my post count is around 5 or 6
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Like Glock firearms, Glocktalk sucks.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#4]
GlockTalk = The Stepford Wives of the gun world.

Maybe Glock owners are just gay.

Nope just waiting for their cool-aid…
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I care this much.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#6]
glock who?

mike
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Go to glocksunlocked.  Much better site.

www.glocksunlocked.com/

The owner of GlockTalk is truly an asshole of the first degree.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I have been to GlockTalk a few times. I just don't enjoy that site anywhere near as much as I like this site.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
...I don't go into their GD forum. Too much talk about kitty cats.

What is your problem? I happen to like kitty cats!

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Whenever I go to GlockTalk, I only visit the "Big Dawgs Club" ... forum for .45

I think my post count is around 5 or 6

I go there and read occasionally. Somehow, even after trying two different times to register under two different names, and numerous un-answered e-mails to "Eric"... I still cant post. I log in, type out a post, hit the button... "you are not logged in--you may not post"... Railman has it right... the asshole part

I gave up long ago... and besides... MY SPRINGFIELD XD-9 subcompact is a FAR BETTER handgun than that damn Glock 26...
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:24:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

They are either all gay, or all female.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:33:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to troll that board a few years ago.  Needless to say, i was banned a few times.

The board is very cliqueish.  If you dont fit in, you are shunned.  This place is the exact opposite.  

Glocktalk = pile of steaming shit
Ar15.com = best gun site known to man
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:38:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Lately, because WI is so close to getting CCW, I spend a bunch of time on the "Carry Issues" borad (lots of decent holster info there I must say).

I used to read a lot on the Tactics & Training board, but then the place got taken over by point-shooting weirdoes. So mostly I only go over there now to read the, "My "Tactical" Situation Last Night: Did I do the right thing?" threads which are pretty damn funny.

Their GD is just so full of random gun neophytes scrapping for the most basic gun information - it's embarassing really.

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Their GD is just so full of random gun neophytes scrapping for the most basic gun information - it's embarassing really.

Yup, every punk kid goes out and wants to buy a gun.... "DUDE... get a GLOCK...uhhh... wheres the saftey?"
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I don’t mind females on any gun site.  In fact I encourage it.  We need females to accept our point of view.  Without them, we’re dead in the water.  I understand a certain decorum is needed to keep many females on board.  I abide by that in the fact I use trash language very rarely.  Let’s face it, we need the Soccer Moms if we’re going to win.  So far, we’ve done a poor job convincing them the 2nd is very important to our freedoms.  Rant over…  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top