Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2003 10:42:51 AM EDT
Please let me know what you think about these two systems. The prices are about the same but which one is better???
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#1]
You can hack the Xbox...
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I prefer the PS2. While I think the Xbox is technically superior with better graphics, better sound, a HD and so on... It doesn't have the games I want. What good is a console if you don't use it? The same thing happened between the PS1 and the N64.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:53:09 AM EDT
[#3]
XBOX - you get a lot more for your money.

Xbox has a hard drive, network adapter, more memory, etc...

Xbox Live is the best multiplayer platform and built in to the hardware.

You don't get any of this on PS2.

I had a PS2, and sold it when I got my Xbox.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Better? Humm..

The PlayStation2 has more games.
The PlayStation2 has better games, as a rule.
The PlayStation2 has a good future.

The Xbox is built better and breaks less often.
The Xbox can be altered to do all kinds of wild things like play region free movies, MP3's, emulated arcade games, even play PlayStation1 games! After the alteration games are almost free as you can rent and record them on to the Xbox. Check xbox-scene.com.
The Xbox has a good future.

If you're a techie go for the Xbox, if not stick with the PS2.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:00:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Get an xbox now...

Don't waste your money on the PS2 wait until the PSX comes out.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:09:40 AM EDT
[#6]
PS-who?

Get the X-Box. The thing rocks, and new games are coming out for it all the time.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#7]
PS2 alot of good shooting games.

X Box has Halo and that is one of the best games, but much fewer shooting games.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I was just thinking about this today.

I've got a PS2, and now looking back on it, I wish I'd have gone with the XBox. Anymore titles are released on both of them, and the XBOX is just more powerful and games just look better on it.

JMHO

Shawn
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#9]
PS2 for vice city.  I never tire of it.  Ok, 3 hours of mind numbing is a bit much.  But the experience is never the same twice.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
PS2 for vice city.  I never tire of it.  Ok, 3 hours of mind numbing is a bit much.  But the experience is never the same twice.

GTA3 and Vice city are both out for the Xbox..

Get them both for 49.99
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:25:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You only play for 3 hours???
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:27:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

XBOX now has Vice City.  My choice would be for the XBOX even if it didn't.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#13]
The PS2 is the Ruger of video game systems.

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, but I am getting my PS2 for free...
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You only play for 3 hours???

I have played with my buddy, switching back and forth for about 5-6 hours before.  That was a weird drive home.  Try having 5 hours of brain programming to drive as fast as you can, e-brake at every corner, and it does't hurt if you run into anything.  Pretty surreal.  I needed about an hour to an hour and a half of to reintroduce my self to the real world.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:37:00 AM EDT
[#16]
This again?

I own both, xbox hands down.

For those that say PS2 has more games, which of those "more games" are worth having?
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Get an xbox now...

NO, DO NOT!  I have an inside source (Microsoft), wait until after Thanksgiving--the price is going to drop!

I'm glad this has been brought up, because I've been considering the two also.  I've decided on (after talking with several hardcore gamers) the XBOX.  Seeing the posting here, it just reinforces my decision.

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#18]
XBOX!
The arguemant about the PS2 having more games is a mute point. The PS2 includes the PS1's game library, of course it will be huge. Also think about how many games you want and how many of those you will actually buy. I have yet to run out of games to play on the XBox, just money
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Xbox...lots of good games, some of them pretty cheap.  MUCH better graphics, and you can even get an adapter to use the PS2 controller on the Xbox, so that solves the controller issue.

I have an Xbox, Gamecube, and Dreamcast all hooked up to my 55" tv.  I just sold my second PS2, and the only reason I held on to it as long as I did was because of Gran Tourismo 3...I just really liked that game.  Every time I fired up the PS2, though, I just marvelled at how BAD the graphics are compared to the Xbox or Gamecube.  (I bought a PS2 right after they came out, but sold it a couple of months later, 'cos I thought the games all sucked).  

I wouldn't consider a PS2 til the next price drop, and I don't know when that will be...I just don't think it's worth the price.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Wengv,
I bought a PS2 about six months ago.  I decided on if over the Xbox since I liked GTA 3/Vice City.  But now that they are out for the Xbox, I would go with the Xbox all the way.  It is a much better system in my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#21]
If you like first person shooters...go find the trailer for Halo 2.  Then decide

Rob

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Final Fantasy Series,a ton more fighting games

Im sorry PS2 hands down.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Computer games beat them both to hell. BTW, I have a brand new PS2 w/online hookup and headset, socom game and offroad atv game(unopened). Only atv game unopened. all new though w/ mempry card. Selling really cheap. Even cheaper for christmas for a kid. Almost free if nashville pickup. It's not even close to an online computer game for me.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#24]
I have both and like both of them for different reasons.
The Xbox gets played twice as much as the PS2.

If you want just one, get the Xbox, Xbox Live startup kit(if you have high speed internet), and the game "Mech Assault".

You will play it until your fingers bleed.

I have a brother living in another state, and I can play against him online and talk to him through the headset, just as if he were sitting in my livingroom...

It fucking incredible .
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:04:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Definetely ps2.  The Xbox controller sucks, the games suck, and so forth.  PS2 rocks.  Lots of good games with great graphics and the controller is nice.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:24:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Gamecube..

:P

PS2 has the better games, but the Xbox is better tech..

All three systems are good imo, but the GCN is my personal favorite, cause I grew up on nintendo stuff...
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:29:19 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Definitely ps2.  The Xbox controller sucks, the games suck, and so forth.  PS2 rocks.  Lots of good games with great graphics and the controller is nice.

Let me guess... PS2 owner? I'm surprised it wasn't "PS2 ROX!"

I dare you to compare Vice City on both and then re-formulate your opinion.

As to the chap who said play games on a PC, considering that the Xbox and PS2 combined cost less than a high-end graphics card...

And that eventually most of the decent PC games already or will be released on the Xbox (CounterStrike <today>, HL2, Doom3, etc.) I can wait. Meantime I'll be playing Halo 2 waiting for them...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top