Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2003 8:22:28 AM EDT
Anyone else see the end of the car chase on Fox news this morning?  Do you think the police acted alittle rough on the woman that was running from them? I do, for God sake, she'd just been in a car wreck(her fault but still) and she got out of her car, put her hands on her knees then then POW, a cop grabs her by the hair and throws her to the ground then a bunch more jump on her.  I sure hope she didn't have whiplash or worse from the crash. If she did these cops could have done even more damage to her spine/nervous system.  I mean, sure, she was running from them and is guilty of not paying tickets but damn, did they have to be so rough on her especially after a crash.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:24:27 AM EDT
[#1]
as long as the cops made it home safely
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:37:32 AM EDT
[#2]
"Everybody knows...if the cops have to come and get you they are bringing an ass whooping with them."  Chris Rock
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess she didn't get the memo about it being a bad idea to run from the cops, and if you do, don't let them catch up.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Chris Rock is FUNNY. To those screaming Rodney King, I don't think what they did was too excessive. It wasn't the proper medical thing to do for her, but she just caused a whole bunch of people a whole lot of pain and suffering. Screw her. I hope she's in prison for a long time. In reality she'll probably be let off and the officers fired, but what can one expect, actual justice?
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Shooting her would have been too rough. Was she naked? No? Then she could easily have been armed and taking her down is the thing to do.

Remember, just like our little Iraq war, sometimes doing what is necessary is not always pretty to those watching it be done.

There is a moral though and it is very, very simple: Do not run from the police.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:57:02 AM EDT
[#6]
So if one is trying to elude the gendarms and falls and skins one's knee they should apply bactine, a bandaid, and kiss the boo-boo before they cuff you? Dude, give me the bong, you have had enough. I do not like the para-military tactics of todays law enforcers, but if you hurt yourself running from them, too damn bad. Don't expect kid glove treatment if you make them chase you.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:59:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There is a moral though and it is very, very simple: Do not run from the police.

Hush yo mouth! What would John Bunnell do for a living if the BGs quit running? What would we civilians do for entertainment on Saturday nights?

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:00:11 AM EDT
[#9]
LOL, howdy Pat, what are you doing here, thought you only hung out on the SASS Wire.  Good to see ya' pard, talk care and talk to ya' later.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:08:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I guess she didn't get the memo about it being a bad idea to run from the cops, and if you do, don't let them catch up.

whs
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:29:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Pigs who are finally able to put the whoop ass on anybody for any reason are living the dream.  Was his head shaped like a jar and adorned by Oakley Blades.  Scum bag pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:35:30 AM EDT
[#12]
This sends a clear a message to terrorists who may be watching.

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Pigs who are finally able to put the whoop ass on anybody for any reason are living the dream.  Was his head shaped like a jar and adorned by Oakley Blades.  Scum bag pieces of shit.

Whoo boy, thats a good one....
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So if one is trying to elude the gendarms and falls and skins one's knee they should apply bactine, a bandaid, and kiss the boo-boo before they cuff you? Dude, give me the bong, you have had enough. I do not like the para-military tactics of todays law enforcers, but if you hurt yourself running from them, too damn bad. Don't expect kid glove treatment if you make chase you.

Exactamundo!

I dont like the Swat ninja uniforms, the no name tags, no knock warrants, etc, etc, etc...

If you run, you deserve to get your ass whipped.

Mother made ya.....

Mother love ya.....

Mother.... ya!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
LOL, howdy Pat, what are you doing here, thought you only hung out on the SASS Wire.  Good to see ya' pard, talk care and talk to ya' later.  

Dooooooooooo whaaaaaaaaaat??????
I ain'ts got no single action revolver. That would be my deddy. He's got a gen-u-ine Colt Bisley in .32-20. I think I been impersonated.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#16]
First, no I didn't see the car chase.

If the woman running from the cops hurt any innocent bystanders, etc. in whatever accident ensued, then as far as I'm concerned the gloves ought to come off the cops and to heck with her.

Of course I'm a bit biased, my brother's best friend was killed a few years ago by a perp running from the police who ran a red light at nearly 100 MPH.  Nice guy, certainly didn't deserve to die like he did.  Was in the right place at the wrong time.  Perp lived, by the way.

Run from the cops, injure someone who's just minding their own business going about life, and I have not a care in the world for you.  Cops did good, by the description above.

-Gator
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Chris Rock is FUNNY. To those screaming Rodney King, I don't think what they did was too excessive. It wasn't the proper medical thing to do for her, but she just caused a whole bunch of people a whole lot of pain and suffering. Screw her. I hope she's in prison for a long time. In reality she'll probably be let off and the officers fired, but what can one expect, actual justice?

Agreed...
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:33:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Little tightly wound eh, Pal? LMAO, I love you Man!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:38:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Comply, peasant!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:24:36 PM EDT
[#21]
We had a similar incedent involving 3 departments, and one minority car thief (race mentioned for reasons you will see) who stole a SUV from a car dealership near where I live.

Guy starts in Glendale, steals the SUV, and then goes screaming south down the freeway trying to escape the police. He's on the freeway now, so the Milwaukee Sherrifs Dept becomes responsible for catching this asshole...

He keeps going through Milw. County, enters Racine County, and at this point one of the deputies gets permission to take out the stolen SUV by ramming.

This results in the stolen vehicle running into the sidewall, and the deputy's Explor-a-cruiser doing what SUVs do best: rolling over...

Well, Mr Car Thief gets out of the car and the deputies close in. He resists arrest, ends up being thrown to the ground face down, one deputy puts his boot on the guy's back to hold him down, while a few others try and cuff him. It's all caught on videotape by a news-copter... Later, as he's being taken to the hospital to be examined because of the crash, he kicks out the rear window of the squad he's in, and has to be sedated.

Of course, his 'community' immediately cries 'racisim' and 'police brutality'... Because the alleged 'incedent' took place in another county, the Racine DA investigates... Mr Theif gets charged by both counties with a string of felony and misdemeanor offenses... Milwauke Sherrif's Dept gets a 'Thank you for getting this guy before he killed someone' letter from Racine County...

Milwaukee County Sherriff D. Clarke (who is the same race as the perp and the 'offending' officer) takes the inevitable 'cop bashing community meeting' as an oppertunity to bash back, lashing out at the 'community' and 'community leaders' for tolerating and supporting criminals because they happen to share skin color and/or place of residence.

If you start a car chase, the Police are gonna assume you intend to resist arrest (after all, why else would you run), and deal with you based on that assumption...
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Comply, peasant!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top