Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2003 7:39:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Good article; even better: a major news website is displaying it. However, I do remember reading a portion of this article a while ago, perhaps from another source. But it still can’t hurt for it to be reprinted.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#2]
good article though
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm suprised to hear a rational argument by a media outlet. Maybe that's why FOX news is almost the only news channel I can stomach anymore. O'Reilly doesn't like assault weapons and has said so. Hope he changes his tune.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Gee, I always thought that the scoped bolt actions that  hunters use would be just about perfect for "people" too.  Saying that you can't hunt a deer with an AK and that they're only good to hunt people just goes to show how little these guys know about firearms. The 7.62x39mm is in the same class as the 30/30Win. and that ctg has been killing deer for over 100 years.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Great article. I really like John Lott.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,103454,00.html

Idiots!

No, silly, everyone knows the 2nd Amendment is about duck hunting.  That's why it says "militia".  Wait, I mean, it's about the National Guard....yeah, that's it, the National Guard that didn't exist when the 2nd Amendment was written....I mean....
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#7]
He makes a good point where he says a year or so everyone will wonder what the excitment was all about.  The illusion that we would be led to believe is that when the ban dies folks will be able to go into a gun shop and buy machine guns and at the same time hides the fact to general gun-ignorant public that the law did nothing and had no impact on anyone except folks who have to pay a higher price for certain items.  Let's be real for a minute here, there has been no decline in supply of standard capacity mags, preban configured weapons, etc.  the only thing accomplished was a price increase on these items.  That would make the idiots who support this law look even more stupid.  They fear it it would cost them votes.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:38:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow...it's good to hear/read articles like this.  It's so painfull to watch politicians talk about gun laws.  

Side note, has anyone read his book?
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:46:07 AM EDT
[#9]
O'Reilly might not like them, but he will be sure to state that the law is BS. and if he does "spin" the topic, im sure all of you here will send him an email and have it read on air.
(and maybe get a signed copy of his book)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top