Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2003 7:55:32 PM EDT

Do you hate going to a shop, and Billy, the idiot you only THOUGHT worked there (he just needs a life and hangs out there) wanders over and starts giving you his .02 about whatever you are looking at/buying?  And usually, he is wearing camo something and muttering about the  Trilateral Commission, secret, underground POW camps in Idaho for gun owners or his "Vee It Nam" military exploits.

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#2]
SA,
Don't worry, I sure don't want the hassle of a gun shop or an FFL.  Why turn my hobby into work?  I do respect the guys that run a good shop and I know it is hard work to keep it good.  

That said, don't read to much into my post on another thread.  If an employee of a business curses me, threatens me and the owner just shrugs his shoulders, well, I will try to screw him back.  If $10 transfers is one way to fight mr small town a-hole, good.

My rant is directed to the "customers" that hang around in many shops and run the real ones away.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:08:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Do you hate going to a shop, and Billy, the idiot you only THOUGHT worked there (he just needs a life and hangs out there) wanders over and starts giving you his .02 about whatever you are looking at/buying?  And usually, he is wearing camo something and muttering about the  Trilateral Commission, secret, underground POW camps in Idaho for gun owners or his "Vee It Nam" military exploits.

What you described sounds like the general forum here at ar15.com.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
And someone around here must be a giant ass because I'm surrounded by "I'll transfer any gun for $5.99 and wash your car" dealers.

LOL
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:15:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I kept hearing that crap from the guy - Joe -  who ran one of my ex-favorite gunshops.  He ran me out when all the other customers were gone.  Um, why doesn't that tell you folks don't like hearing that nonsense?  

Place got raided by ATF as he was selling guns without 4473s, and stuff on the shelves was not logged in.  Joe took off, a fugitive.

The owner came back from retirement to clean up the mess.  The place is still open but I never seem to make it to there.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:01:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the ones that walk in wearing a cheap looking black trench coat, and ask to handle every expensive military type rifle on the rack. But never actualy buy one because they spent all their cash on that cool $15.00 trench coat O_o
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top