Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2003 6:42:26 PM EDT
was thinking about buy a replacment body but don't want the ATF to kill me.

Is it worth it to save a few bucks, to me it seems kinda on the legal edge but if you kept your old broken mag you should be ok right?

another thing is the company that you buy it from is probably not going to notify the government.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:12:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Buying replacement mag bodies is perfectly legal...as long as they are for replacement only and you don't assemble them into "new" mags.  Matter of fact, I think that Brownells sells a few different types of pistol mag bodies.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:28:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Buying replacement mag bodies is perfectly legal...as long as they are for replacement only and you don't assemble them into "new" mags.  Matter of fact, I think that Brownells sells a few different types of pistol mag bodies.

Ok so lets say you got a cracked feed lip so you replace the body then down the road you buy a follower and floor plate then the spring goes out. NOw it appears you have manufactured a mag???

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:30:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Just some more dumbness of the AWB law.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:35:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok so lets say you got a cracked feed lip so you replace the body then down the road you buy a follower and floor plate then the spring goes out. NOw it appears you have manufactured a mag???

just keep the broken parts around to prove that you just rebuilt a magazine instead of of building a new magazine.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#5]
don't ask, don't tell
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:39:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Where can you buy replacement USGI mag bodies anyhow?

Mike
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:58:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
was thinking about buy a replacment body but don't want the ATF to kill me.

Nope, it is the specific policy of the BATFE to KILL anyone thought to have replacement mag bodies.  There is just no getting around it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top