Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2003 6:35:52 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with this caliber or with Alexander Arms?

I've got a customer looking at getting one of their AR's in that caliber, I've seen a few things about the round but no "stories" about it.

The limited dealings I've had with Alexander Arms have all been positive. They sent me the paperwork faster than any other company I've dealt with. I've also heard that their .21 Ghengis is a good weapon with no fit / finish problems.

Anyone have an opinion?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anyone have any experience with this caliber or with Alexander Arms?

I've got a customer looking at getting one of their AR's in that caliber, I've seen a few things about the round but no "stories" about it.

The limited dealings I've had with Alexander Arms have all been positive. They sent me the paperwork faster than any other company I've dealt with. I've also heard that their .21 Ghengis is a good weapon with no fit / finish problems.

Anyone have an opinion?

I have one, I built mine on a RRA lower with a used Colt A1 stock, Ergo grip, DPMS lower parts kit with a Big Latch, Norgon Ambi-Catch and a Bushmaster ambi-selector.

It's an impressive round.  I've heard they use RRA parts.  The fit/finish is excellent.  I have only fired the 334gr hollowpoints in mine.  Before it broke my cheap Tasco shotgun scope I could get 5 rounds groups touching at 50 yds.  I'm going to put an EOTech 552 on it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, some of the LEOs I work with are thinking about using them as an "entry weapon", actually I think they want them for themselves but it doesn't matter to me either way. Glad to know they shoot well.

What about the buffer spring? Did you need a stronger one or did the standard one work?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks, some of the LEOs I work with are thinking about using them as an "entry weapon", actually I think they want them for themselves but it doesn't matter to me either way. Glad to know they shoot well.

What about the buffer spring? Did you need a stronger one or did the standard one work?

At their website www.alexanderarms.comthey show an officer with a .50 Beowulf with what appears to be a shorter upper than the 16" entry.  It looks like maybe a 12.5" or shorter with a carbine stock.  You can use a CAR or full size stock no special buffer or springs needed.  I would imagine though that using a CAR stock would have more recoil plus it won't be as comfortable to your face.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:10:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I just like the idea of going into a house and hitting some inbred POS with a couple .50 Cal rounds when he comes out swinging a knife... justice is done.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top