Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2003 2:48:23 PM EDT
I was really suprised to hear some military guys say that they know of gays in the military, sure seems like life would be horrible for you. It also seems like they wouldn't adapt to military life because they act so feminine all the time.

I am hoping its not like prison situations...
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 2:51:17 PM EDT
[#1]

NsB
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I doubt its very common, i think its just the media making a huge story out of every queer that gets kicked out of the service.

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:17:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I imagine there are more lesbo Bulls in the military that butt pirates....that said, not all butt pirates are ultra-femme

I wonder what the percentage of queers made up Alexander the Great's army?

-HS
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:26:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I imagine there are more lesbo Bulls in the military that butt pirates....that said, not all butt pirates are ultra-femme
-HS

"they say that in the army the women are mighty fine, walk like gorrillas and look like" Awe crap I forgot how it goes.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:47:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
-HS

"they say that in the army the women are mighty fine, walk like gorrillas and look like" Awe crap I forgot how it goes.

they smell like a gorrilla and walk like Frankenstein.
Oh Lord I wanna go,
but they won't let me go,
ho'o'o'o'o'o'o'o'ome
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd guess there's proportionally as many in the military as out. I think the # that'd stay away b/c of the antigay policies would be offset by the # who would derive (non-sexual)satisfaction from the all-male environment (which is a big part of their world - a nonsexual preference for male company).

[Edited to add] Then you have to acknowledge that just as certain percentage of the world's natural born warriors/soldiers are black/chinese/mexican, a certain percentage are gay, and they'd go into the military no matter what.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:55:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I wonder what the percentage of queers made up Alexander the Great's army?

-HS

Quite a few!  More like a BUNCH!  They all were, including Alex himself!

That's a central tenant of the Greek society.  Men had their boy toy and when they got married to a woman, the woman took 2nd place in the bedroom.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Gays in the military??

Only in the rear support roles.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't know what it is about submarines, but there was a large number of them.

The really obnoxious flamers didn't last past school.  They kinda had the disneyland experience, just out of high school in a masculine environment.  Kinda like a guy on deployment for 6 months going to Waikiki beach.  

One guy at prototype - nearly two years in - created alot of uneasy hostile feelings with his butt grabs and package checks, and touching folks in a sexual way.  I nearly hauled off and punched him after he put his arms around me while I was telling a story to several guys...  I have a bit of skeptisicm to "gay bashing" incidents as a result.

In the fleet, there were the guys everyone suspected were gay, but they kept that closet door locked shut.  Noone bothered them.  

Many more lesbians per capita at Pearl harbor.  Another story for another time.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#11]
OK, let's pretend we are gay.

Military. Lots of pretty good looking guys there, in good shape, and HIV negative, to boot.

I'm venturing a guess, and it's only a guess, but whatever the percentage of gays there is in the non-military world, I'd bet it's probably slightly higher in the military.

Again, based on my logic, that's what I'd bet on.

Hey, single straight guys tend to head to where the good looking women are, don't they?

Why wouldn't gay males go to where the good looking, virile men are?

Makes sense to me.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#12]
what an obvious attempt to troll...lock this thread before it becomes a flame fest (no pun intented).  That said, I'm sure that there are a few fudge packers but once they were found out or attempted to seriously solicite some one (at least in my unit) I'm sure they would find themselves on the receiving end of a serious beating.  

Gay rights?...25% off vaseline, now get the f*&k back in the closet!
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been in 13 years and only know of 1.  Saw him 2 years ago in a basic training reception battalion and he almost got the boot for "telling."  Found out he was HIV positive when they did the drug test so they EPTS's him out for that rather than telling.  Didn't seem too surprised either.  19 year old kid from down south.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hell yes.  They're called "sailors".  They joined for the seamen.

har har har
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:40:34 PM EDT
[#15]
There are a few gays, when I was overseas there seemed to be quite a few of them. Nobody cared as long as they did their jobs and kept their lifestyle private.  No prowling for ass at work.
No real shortage of lesbos either as far as I can tell.

I personally do not care if they are there as long as "Gay-days" parades are not required for the rest of us. I am sure most people work with plenty of queers and do not really notice.

The queer on 60 Minutes, should have been given his damn 8 days and retired.  He was a pervert who was prowling for 19/20 y/o lower enlisted men.  If he was prowling for women soldiers and filming them, he would have been shit-canned as well.

Weither or not it is your "chain of command" or whatever excuse you use, sleeping with lower ranking enlisted when you have the rank and power to force yourself on them is a No-No. You are going to end your career. Especially if you are an officer and you are prowling for enlisted and making rather tasteless home movies.  It does bring into question other aspects of your behavior.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Except for a flaming jr enlisted man that got bounced real quick the only ones I knew were front line warrior types.  Hate to burst somebodies bubble but the ratio is probably a little less than the overall population but the Military has a lot going for it and they recruit young people.  You get the right job and don't ask don't tell isn't all that hard (so to speak).
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

har har har

yeah real Funny
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:53:34 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I was really suprised to hear some military guys say that they know of gays in the military, sure seems like life would be horrible for you. It also seems like they wouldn't adapt to military life because they act so feminine all the time.

I am hoping its not like prison situations...

We had a guy in my calibration lab that was gay. He didn't come out until after he was discharged and he had everyone at his going away party. The worst part was he was always trying to get me to wrestle with him :( He had a crush on me. It wasn't until after he came out that I put 2 and 2 together and everything made sense. I felt so violated for a very long time.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:48:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I felt so violated for a very long time.

You shouldn't have felt that way, you should have been flattered. At least SOMEONE thought you were hot stuff!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:01:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I spent 20 years in the Air Force.  In that time I directly knew five people, in units I was in, that got "caught" and discharged for being gay.  Funny thing is, out of the five that I knew, only two actually had my "gadar" twitching.  One was male and one female.  The other three I would have never suspected.  I knew many others that I was 90 percent sure were gay, but since they didn't bother me, I didn't bother them.

There were also others in other units that got caught and discharged that I didn't directly know about.  It happens more frequently then you may think, but unless it is in your unit you don't always hear about it.  The weird thing is that they usually got caught as a result of failed relationships with other military gays.  Hell, I remember the female that I mentioned above got caught because she hung out with a gay guy.  People naturally thought they were hooked up and it was a mutually beneficial arrangement because it provided a straight cover for both.  Things were going just fine until the girl loaned the guy some money that he didn't pay back.  She got so pissed off that she turned him in.  She wasn't very bright though, because he also had the goods on her.

Then there were always the few who made claims of being gay just to get out of the service.  I'm not sure how many of those were actually gay or just were non-compatibles wanting out real bad.

I would estimate that if 10 percent of the general population is gay then at least 5 percent of the military is.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:03:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

har har har

yeah real Funny

[village people]In the Navy, you can sail the seven seas!  In the Navy, you can put your mind at ease!  We want you!  We want you!  We want you as a new recruit![/village people]
Wonder why an all gay group would sing about the Navy?  hmmmm  And those mustaches and bell bottoms just look so darn cute!
[new recruit]  Oh, hi Chief.  Chief, where are your pants?  Chief?  Oh, God, no chief, NOOOOOOOO![/new recruit]

before you get your panties in a wad (snicker snicker) just joshin' y'all
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:10:06 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
OK, let's pretend we are gay.

Quote of the day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top