Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2003 12:26:11 PM EDT
I bought a cool little Crossman 760 pump air rifle today just for doing some target practice and trigger control work today.

Anyway,  I get home and open the box and there is a cheesy little TRIGGER LOCK on this air gun.

I'm sorry,  this thing says it is capable of shooting a .177 caliber bb up to 650 fps.  Do you think this warrants a trigger lock??

GEESUS man,  this is so stupid,  the lock is made of cheap plastic anyway,  it would break right off.

I think this is supposed to condition the next generation that anything that even resembles a firearm should be locked up because it's so scary.

I carried one of these exact same bb/pellet guns around the desert hunting lizards and soda cans.  I'm talking about the EXACT SAME model and I was 8 years old at the time.

That's actually part of the reason I bought it,  I couldn't believe they were still producing the same air gun for 20 years.  

Anyway, rant mode off.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Lawyers, whiny soccer moms, and gun grabbers.

That's why.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:35:46 PM EDT
[#2]
While I worked for an indoor range we had people forget their keys for their trigger locks all the time. I loved the look on their face after I showed them how to remove them without tools.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
While I worked for an indoor range we had people forget their keys for their trigger locks all the time. I loved the look on their face after I showed them how to remove them without tools.

The look on their face would have been even better if they were put in a position where they actually NEEDED the firearm.

Geese,  at least they were real guns,  this a friggin air rifle.  Not a high end really powerful one either.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#4]
make sure you store the ammunition separately, prefferably locked.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Lawyers, whiny soccer moms, and gun grabbers.

That's why.

Bingo!
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

i've never owned/used a trigger lock

how do you remove them without tools? just pull hard?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
While I worked for an indoor range we had people forget their keys for their trigger locks all the time. I loved the look on their face after I showed them how to remove them without tools.hr

i've never owned/used a trigger lock

how do you remove them without tools? just pull hard?

Yeah I am curious too.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:12:03 PM EDT
[#8]
[RANT]

Put a triggerlock on a Garand.

It is a question of the will to use force. - I will Steel Butt Plate / Butt stroke, bayonet jab with a naked muzzle to the ribs. Maybe a few "Louisville Slugger" swings...

I would beat those pacifists to a bleeding pulp, then ask any who were coherent if they think that trigger lock idea helped, I would also remind them - with the trigger lock in place I won't worry about running out of ammo, a "Louisville Slugger" doesn't require reloading.

A 1911 with a trigger lock is just a heavier hammer to pistol whip someone with.

[/RANT]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I had the same reaction when I got a 760 Pumpmaster as a gift two years ago. I promptly took the lock off and threw it away.  

All of the locks that came with my guns are all sitting in my closet, locked together into a tangled mess.  When they get heavy enough, I will attach a chain and use them as a weapon in and of themselves.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I had the same reaction when I got a 760 Pumpmaster as a gift two years ago. I promptly took the lock off and threw it away.  

All of the locks that came with my guns are all sitting in my closet, locked together into a tangled mess.  When they get heavy enough, I will attach a chain and use them as a weapon in and of themselves.

I had one of the 760 pumpmasters when I was a kid,  that's why I got this one.

I'm dissapointed to say that after only about 10 shots,  the gun won't pump up.  There is no pressure when I pump the handle.  So,  I guess I have to exchange it tomorrow for a new one.  How has yours held up to this point?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#11]
low end airguns have gone to complete crap. I bought a daisy awhile back like the one i grew up with. The freacking thing was 100% plastic including the barrell shroud. The sights were warped and the damn thing couldn't hit a wall at 15'.

The old was was all metal and a dang tack driver. Oh well

mike
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:16:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine made it about 200 shots, then it blew all the o-rings I guess and quit working.

That was several years ago.

-FOTBR
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
[RANT]

Put a triggerlock on a Garand.

It is a question of the will to use force. - I will Steel Butt Plate / Butt stroke, bayonet jab with a naked muzzle to the ribs. Maybe a few "Louisville Slugger" swings...

I would beat those pacifists to a bleeding pulp, then ask any who were coherent if they think that trigger lock idea helped, I would also remind them - with the trigger lock in place I won't worry about running out of ammo, a "Louisville Slugger" doesn't require reloading.

A 1911 with a trigger lock is just a heavier hammer to pistol whip someone with.

[/RANT]

I think the M1 safety while applied would take a padlock quite easily!

Bob
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Your gonna put your eye out with that thing.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Your gonna put your eye out with that thing.

Ahh yes,  good ole' "Christmas Story",  I've probably seen that friggin movie 20 times.

My favorite part is when they go that Chinese restaraunt for Christmas dinner,  classic, just classic.

The part where the kid comes down in that pink bunny outfit was funny too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top