Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2003 11:37:27 AM EDT
www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1114HonorKilling14-ON.html

Rofayda Qaoud--raped by her brothers and impregnated - refused to commit suicide, her mother recalls, even after she bought the unwed teenager a razor with which to slit her wrists. So Amira Abu Hanhan Qaoud says she did what she believes any good Palestinian parent would: restored her family's "honor" through murder.

Armed with a plastic bag, razor and wooden stick, Qaoud entered her sleeping daughter's room last Jan. 27. "Tonight you die, Rofayda," she told the girl, before wrapping the bag tightly around her head. Next, Qaoud sliced Rofayda's wrists, ignoring her muffled pleas of "No, mother, no!" After her daughter went limp, Qaoud struck her in the head with the stick.

Killing her sixth-born child took 20 minutes, Qaoud tells a visitor through a stream of tears and cigarettes that she smokes in rapid succession. "She killed me before I killed her," says the 43-year-old mother of nine. "I had to protect my children. This is the only way I could protect my family's honor."

You know, Golda Mier said the Arabs would have peace when they loved their own kids more than they hated the Jews.  

If this story is any indication of how much they "love" their kids, we're going to continue to have a big problem over there.  

Now, excuse me while I go and hurl.  What a disgusting society.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#1]
And what exactly happened to her brothers?

If thats true, its horribly, horribly screwed up. It really does kinda make me wish I believed in a god, so that there was always the reward they so richly deserve in their afterlife.

/Phil
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
And what exactly happened to her brothers?

My guess is "nothing." The woman is almost always deemed to have caused such behavior by displaying her wrists or walking around with a twat under her burka or some such wickedness.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:56:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Read the article - the brothers are in prison serving a minimum of 10 years each for the rape.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:00:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#5]
religion of peace
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Another quote from the article:

The fact she is a mother who was trying to protect her family's honor mitigates the crime of premeditated murder, which is punishable by death under Palestinian law

Thesis:   All cultures are not equal.  Some are not only below our station, but they are utterly deserving of our rightious contempt.  

Exhibit 1:  See above.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#7]
This is Arab Culture, not Islam. Oh never fucking mind.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 1:08:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Pat-Riot...

Actually, its not even the "Arab Culture" as a whole.

Its the whole "clan" oriented system, and here, in particular, its the "Palestinian" death-cult culture.  I know honor killings have occurred in Jordon, Pakistan, etc., but I just find the fact that actual Palestinian law gives a "mitigation factor" to honor killings to be repugnant.  

Edited to add:   Pat, please read the article.  It draws a pretty direct link between the increasing role of "extremism" and the fact that people are taking bits and pieces of the Koran as justification for this nonsense, despite pronouncements by the Imans to the contrary.  

Like it or not, that is a flaw with Islam:  Its most holy writings purport to be the "verbatim" word of the diety, and are easily (mis)construed as justification for bad stuff.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#9]

"My mother did this because she does not want us to be punished by people," Fatima explains with a shy smile. Leaning into Qaoud's arms, the little girl adds: "I love my mother much more now than before."

Yeah, 'cause she did a bang-up job raising your brothers.

That whole thing is fucked up.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Such a lovely religion....
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 1:40:46 PM EDT
[#11]
You know the Saudi Goverment is buying radio airtime here in Phoenix running commercials that say that "We are not bad people, were changing, honest!"
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#12]
[liberal voice on] C'mon guys, we just need to understand that their culture is a little different from ours. [liberal voice off]

What is it about that region of the world and their pathetic excuse for a religion that is firmly mired in the Middle Ages? Exterminate with extreme prejuidice!!!
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 1:54:07 PM EDT
[#13]
So the klingons really represent arab clan-based culture, and not the communists.

Now all of the "honor" stuff the klingons are always spewing makes sense.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Her family tree obviously has no branches.

Her family should be neutered.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Does the depravity this so-called "culture" keeps sinking into know no bottom?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 2:37:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Expresses and sums up the whole situation of Muslim vs. Christian, "Palestinian" vs. Israeli, East vs. West better than words can.

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#17]
big deal, so what if they kill there own kind....I could give a shit less, or even bat a eye. hope they do more of it, that way they'll be less of them.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:09:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Expresses and sums up the whole situation of Muslim vs. Christian, "Palestinian" vs. Israeli, East vs. West better than words can.

Good one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top