Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2003 9:02:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Nah. Castro was a commie from the start. He turned to the Soviet Union out of ideological solidarity, not over US aid.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Watching the History Channel right now?

Me too!
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#3]
The US screwed up by not sending in heavy air support for the Bay of Pigs....

They got massacred because we failed to come through with the air...
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:31:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Kennedy wasn't even in charge when Castro overthrew Batista.  He wasn't in a position to deal.  If Saddam wanted to deal, he wouldn't look up Kerry or Edwards.  Neither would have Castro.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:34:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:35:37 AM EDT
[#7]
You're talking about the post McCarthy period.  Everybody was paranoid about commies.  Even if he had wanted to Kennedy could not have accommodated Castro.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:03:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Kennedy wasn't even in charge when Castro overthrew Batista.  He wasn't in a position to deal.  If Saddam wanted to deal, he wouldn't look up Kerry or Edwards.  Neither would have Castro.

But Kennedy was President when Castro came to the US seeking relations.

We will never know what might have happened had we given Castro aid.  But we do know this; by not giving Castro aid he had no place to turn but the Soviet Union.  Castro's installation of a 'Stalin-type Communist Government' insured Cuba's economic failure.

Castro was so afraid of being poisoned that he brought live chickens and veggies to eat when he came here seeking aid.  He and his group took over an entire floor of the hotel and the chickens roamed free !  I've always thought Castro was a chicken shit anyway.

(My comments should largely be ignored as I so detest Kennedy that I fear I'm not rational on the subject.  Camelot my ass - camel lot is more like it.  I was checking out of Fleet Sonar School in San Diego the day he was shot.  When told he had been shot, my reply was:  "I hope they killed the son-of-a-bitch.")

5sub
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top