Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2003 5:53:57 PM EDT
Yeah yeah, I'm a PC tech and I'm asking for computer advise... Oh well...

It's a very simple situation. I've allways sold/used AMD stuff... However, at my new job I have a shot at a SCREAMIN deal on a 3ghz P4 & motherboard combo direct from Intel.

However, I have no idea how much power supply I need in my new case...

P4 3GHZ
P4 mobo from Intel
2 HDDs - 1 7200RPM and 1 5400RPM
CD-ROM
CD-RW
NIC, Sound Card, GF2 video card...

Will 400W do, or do I need more???

As for the deal, I may have a few P4/mobo/XPPro combos for sale in the next few weeks... I don't see any trouble making a profit here, my price is that low...
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#1]
400w should be more than adequate. The OEM's are still shipping systems with 320w PWS. Just don't load up on to many extra case fans or bling bling lights.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:00:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
400w should be more than adequate. The OEM's are still shipping systems with 320w PWS. Just don't load up on to many extra case fans or bling bling lights.

Heh.. Ok...

Figured as much...

I don't do the lights/windows/million fans thing... PCs are a tool to me now, got past the 'hey this is fun' thing back when you could have your computer in any color you want, so long as it was white...
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:18:26 PM EDT
[#3]
You should be good to go.

dave
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a puter from these guys in LA and I guess they were short on power leads, because with the one lead they had left they powered up the bling bling lights INSTEAD of the second hard drive. I didn't even want the friggin' lights or that glass case BS, I just want a puter that works. When I see shit like this I KNOW they hire Mexicans to assemble the puters. It's like their friggin' cars -- no brakes but plenty of bling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top