Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2003 3:52:13 PM EDT
I saw an ad for one tonight on TV. Pretty sweet. Be fun to have to tool around town on and then use it up in the mountains and at the ranch. Anyone know anything about the Beemers or any other brand Enduro type bike? I don't wanna drop 8+ G's on  a bike. Any ideas where to look for a good used one beside the classifieds?
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about this BMW model but most of the BMW's I've seen look pretty heavy for an offroad bike.  If you want something that is gonna be used for offroad at least 25% of the time, I'd say go for something like an XR 400, 650 or KLR 650.  Cycletrader.com is a decent place to look for bikes.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#2]
KTM.....KTM.....KTM....
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Is Enduro the right word for what the BMW bike is? It may not be. Dual purpose maybe? [dunno]
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 10:05:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 10:41:14 PM EDT
[#5]
the correct term is "Dual Sport".  the BMWs are a bit heavy, especially the larger ones..the 650 is an alright bike...but the BMWs are pricey and not as off road capible as others on the market.  i myself ride a KLR650..the best dual sport for the money in my opinion.  still..the honda and the suzuki are better offroad bikes..but the KLR is much MUCH better on the street and for touring....it comes standard w/ a 6.1 gal tank...i think the honda has a 2.8 gal tank.  i LOVE my KLR!  check out
www.klr650.net/forum theres alot of good info over there on ALL bikes..all you need to do is ask those guys..theyll help you out.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top