Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2003 12:19:36 PM EDT
I'm looking into the military and I have had this recommended to me.  As I understand it both the Army and Air Force have this position, so tell me what you know!  Thanks a lot, -Steve
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#1]
You might try dropping Tango7 an IM about this.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm looking into the military and I have had this recommended to me.  As I understand it both the Army and Air Force have this position, so tell me what you know!  Thanks a lot, -Steve

the navy eod has the best training oppurtunities that i have seen.  Airborne, dive, free fall.  pretty hard core stuff
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Tattoo was Army EOD...
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:44:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Tattoo was Army EOD...

tattoo was a ground pounder.  12B combat engineer. Big difference between EOD and a combat engineer
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:29:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

All military EOD training is conducted at the US Naval School EOD at Eglin Air Force Base, Florida.  It is a joint service school attended by all services.  The training is pretty much identical for all services, with Navy personnel receiving additional training in underwater ordnance (sea mines and torpedos).  Navy people also have to qualify as divers.

I'm not sure if EOD is an enlistment option or not.  In the past, it has usually only been open to current service personnel, generally in a career status.  This policy has been modified at times according to current needs.

See the link for the EOD School web site.

www.cnet.navy.mil/eods/command/
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:39:50 AM EDT
[#6]
What EOD_Guy says about EOD not being an MOS you can enlist for in the Navy is also true for the Marine Corps. IIRC, Marine ordnancemen can become EOD guys once they reach Sgt or SSgt.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:01:11 PM EDT
[#7]
The guy I talked to enlisted when he was 18 in the Air Force as an EOD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top