Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2003 10:56:41 AM EDT
I searched and couldn't find a thread on National Ammo Day so I'm posting this. My idea that I posted at Pre-Ban was for all of us to buy ammo from one big box, retailer such as Wal-Mart. Now before all of you bitch and moan about Wal-Mart I will present my rational behind this idea. If the Pro-RKBA group all bought ammo from online sellers and gun stores it won't make a ripple in the news, now if we totally wiped out Wal-Mart nationwide of ammo on ONE DAY then you would see Dan Rather reporting it on the nightly news as much as it would kill him to have to read it. That would be huge news they couldn't ignore.

www.ammoday.com/weblog.php
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 10:59:51 AM EDT
[#1]
sounds good to me
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#2]
If the publicity could be guaranteed (not bloody likely) it might be a good idea.  But I'd rather profit gun store owners.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 11:02:16 AM EDT
[#3]
that's a great idea! however, being that "ammo day" is Nov 19, the sudden influx of ammo sales at a wal-mart will, at least in the midwest, most likely just be attributed to opening week of the deer season.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 11:04:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds good, I need more CCI Velocitor ammo anyway...

Lots more... The P22 and 10/22 love it.

Danny
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Ya know that does make a lot of sense.  Use a national retailer.  Since Wally World is the most wide spread - hit it. (not to be confused with I'd hit it)
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#7]
somehow one of the Wal-Mart "higher-ups" should be contacted in order to get the message through
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in! I'll be at the Wal-Mart at the I469/IN SR37 exit in Ft. Wayne IN on Wednesday buying whatever is On Sale!

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Even if it didn't hit the media, the news of the sales spike for ammuntion on November 19th would certainly hit the executive boardroom. It's just as important for the retailer to know that there is a market to serve.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#10]
AHHH SHIT, more ammo???

Oh,  ok, I guess you twisted my arm.

So what I will do is guarantee you I will buy every box of .40 cal value packs and every box of .223 value packs from the Walmart on Rainbow here in Vegas.

Honest, I don't care how much they have of it, I will buy it all.

My pledge.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
AHHH SHIT, more ammo???

So what I will do is guarantee you I will buy every box of .40 cal value packs and every box of .223 value packs from the Walmart on Rainbow here in Vegas.

My pledge.

Damn, I'll go with you, I gotta see that!
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:05:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Interesting idea...
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

My pledge.

your walmart is prob. like mine and they never stock more than 10 boxes of any ammo
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:04:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Just reminded me I need ammo.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:42:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
AHHH SHIT, more ammo???

My pledge.

Damn, I'll go with you, I gotta see that!

Sounds good,  than we'll go to the Wally world out on Tropical parkway and you can clean them out!!!!
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:44:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My pledge.

your walmart is prob. like mine and they never stock more than 10 boxes of any ammo

It really depends on what clerk you talk to out here.  The thing is,  Walmart never orders just 10 boxes of a caliber,  it comes in cases.  Now what they choose to make available for sale is a different story sometimes.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top