BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tragically he won't be able to train with that rifle at Valor Ridge.  
View Quote
I'm sure that he's not loosing any sleep over it...
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What’s the story with 88 Tactical?

Seems like an easy leap for some libtard to associate them with the Neo-nazis.
View Quote
Nebraska police code for “situation secure”

Founder of company from Nebraska
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have never seen another AR15 on ARFcom with a mount that low and a fixed FSB. I have to think there is a reason for that. Absolute cowitness is as low as most people go.  People who can use the BAC might be fine with that low of a mount however. Not everyone can use BAC unfortunately.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm saying the FSP is not a problem on that gun or 2.8 gazillion others just like it. Take that any way you want to. but the FSP is not a problem.
Quoted:

If you are seeing the FSP while using a red dot, you are doing it wrong. Unless you lack stereoscopic vision, you shouldn't be seeing anything other than the target with a dot on it.

If you are sighting through it, all peepy eyed like a conventional magnified optic, you will see the FSP  as a ghost, but if that is how you are using a red dot, you should just put a magnified optic on.
I have never seen another AR15 on ARFcom with a mount that low and a fixed FSB. I have to think there is a reason for that. Absolute cowitness is as low as most people go.  People who can use the BAC might be fine with that low of a mount however. Not everyone can use BAC unfortunately.
It's an Arms #22 M68 Aimpoint mount, it was hot shit before hot shit knew what it was.

You can believe, you can not believe, I can't help you.

If you are using a red dot sight like a conventional magnified optic, you are doing it wrong. If you cannot use one as intended, again I can't help you, but used as designed by people with stereoscopic vision the FSP is no problem. None, period.

If you have an Aimpoint or similar, turn it on, adjust the brightness (if it's not already on like it should be), then close the front cap, and shoot. Leave the front cap closed and continue to shoot until you dont notice that the front cap is closed. Now you are using it as intended.

Again, if you are peeping through an Aimpoint or similar optic with one eye closed, you are using it wrong.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wait...what did I miss?
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#5]
potatoes in this thread defending a negative 1/3 cowitness lol
I'm going to super glue a bunch of googly eyes to my FSB because it shouldn't matter, right?
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So what's the three letter agency he can't mention?
View Quote
The artists formerly known as Prince,  Voldemort (He that can not be named)  or the NSA is all that I can think of.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#7]
My 2007 Bushmaster.  Photo around 2012.  Still looks the same.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Attachment Attached File
Screen Name?
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 9:38:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I wouldn't be able to get my eye behind that Aimpoint.

We had better shit than that in '07.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You’re probably already dead and don’t even know it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But I've been led to believe you will die instantly without a KAC or similar
He was dead the whole time

Link Posted: 10/7/2018 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's an Arms #22 M68 Aimpoint mount, it was hot shit before hot shit knew what it was.

If you are using a red dot sight like a conventional magnified optic, you are doing it wrong. If you cannot use one as intended, again I can't help you, but used as designed by people with stereoscopic vision the FSP is no problem. None, period.

If you have an Aimpoint or similar, turn it on, adjust the brightness (if it's not already on like it should be), then close the front cap, and shoot. Leave the front cap closed and continue to shoot until you dont notice that the front cap is closed. Now you are using it as intended.

Again, if you are peeping through an Aimpoint or similar optic with one eye closed, you are using it wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm saying the FSP is not a problem on that gun or 2.8 gazillion others just like it. Take that any way you want to. but the FSP is not a problem.
Quoted:

If you are seeing the FSP while using a red dot, you are doing it wrong. Unless you lack stereoscopic vision, you shouldn't be seeing anything other than the target with a dot on it.

If you are sighting through it, all peepy eyed like a conventional magnified optic, you will see the FSP  as a ghost, but if that is how you are using a red dot, you should just put a magnified optic on.

This.

I'm genuinely confused as to what the problem people have with that configuration.

All my Aimpoints are Absolute Co-Witness, and you shoot them both eyes open, the FSB blurs out completely
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 9:50:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wait...what did I miss?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait...what did I miss?
NVM, found it.  That's half stupid sir!
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 9:53:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I still want a pic looking through the Aimpoint. It looks like the FSP or FSB would block the dot with the mount he has.
View Quote
Que?

The dot is projected onto a piece of glass that is between the shooter's eyeball and the front sight.

Co-witness, bro...
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 10:02:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

NVM, found it.  That's half stupid sir!
View Quote
I have no idea WTF valor ridge is, but was curious as not being able to train somewhere because of your rifle config sounds stupid as fuck.

Feel free to PM me what you found? Was just curious about some drama :D
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Quoted:

This.

I'm genuinely confused as to what the problem people have with that configuration.

All my Aimpoints are Absolute Co-Witness, and you shoot them both eyes open, the FSB blurs out completely
View Quote
Quoted:

Que?

The dot is projected onto a piece of glass that is between the shooter's eyeball and the front sight.

Co-witness, bro...
View Quote
If he had the spacer that you are supposed to use with a #22M68 (when not mounted on a S.I.R.), then he would have the optic at the proper height for absolute or lower 3rd and we would not be having this discussion. The sight is lower than that due to the lack of spacer and that just seems odd as fuck. The spacer is ten bucks so cost is not a factor and a lens cover would be more useful for providing an occluded sight if that is actually what he prefers.

I have no doubt that you can, with training, learn to use an obstructed sight but the question is why would you want to?

Two eyes open with an unobstructed sight (absolute or lower 3rd) is going to be faster every time while giving a superior filed of view.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I have no idea WTF valor ridge is, but was curious as not being able to train somewhere because of your rifle config sounds stupid as fuck.

View Quote
I hit your inbox.  I definitely get the reload ban, but the rest is kind of dumb.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 1:46:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Nebraska police code for “situation secure”

Founder of company from Nebraska
View Quote
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 7:09:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If he had the spacer that you are supposed to use with a #22M68 (when not mounted on a S.I.R.), then he would have the optic at the proper height for absolute or lower 3rd and we would not be having this discussion. The sight is lower than that due to the lack of spacer and that just seems odd as fuck. The spacer is ten bucks so cost is not a factor and a lens cover would be more useful for providing an occluded sight if that is actually what he prefers.

I have no doubt that you can, with training, learn to use an obstructed sight but the question is why would you want to?

Two eyes open with an unobstructed sight (absolute or lower 3rd) is going to be faster every time while giving a superior filed of view.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Quoted:

Que?

Co-witness, bro...

Jimminy fucking christmas.

The fucking Aimpoint is between YOU and the FRONT sight. The FSB doesn't BLOCK anything.

Lower 1/3 obtained using a spacer is NOT absolute, which remarkably is obtained WITHOUT the fucking spacer.

Damn dude, I don't know what else I can tell you, it works forget it, don't worry about it, damn.

If you believe that you have some superior insight on how his gun should be set up for him, based on your observations of pictures on ARFCOM, the overwhelming majority of which rarely make it out of the apartment, then you should make an effort to contact him and correct him.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 7:34:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I hit your inbox.  I definitely get the reload ban, but the rest is kind of dumb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can someone explain it to me too?   I have no idea WTF is going on.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:08:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
From the FAQ section on their site:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:13:23 AM EDT
[#22]
TAG
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:20:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The fucking Aimpoint is between YOU and the FRONT sight. The FSB doesn't BLOCK anything.

Lower 1/3 obtained using a spacer is NOT absolute, which remarkably is obtained WITHOUT the fucking spacer.
View Quote
If this is true, it was the only thing you needed to post.

I have my doubts as to if it is true however because of this link: https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Whatandapos_s_the_Sight__Picture_Height_on_the_Aimpoint_ML3_with_Aimpoint__22M68_Mount_and_Spacer/18-442742/
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:23:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If this is true, it was the only thing you needed to post.

I have my doubts as to if it is true however because of this link: https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Whatandapos_s_the_Sight__Picture_Height_on_the_Aimpoint_ML3_with_Aimpoint__22M68_Mount_and_Spacer/18-442742/
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:37:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Damn dude, I don't know what else I can tell you, it works forget it, don't worry about it, damn.

If you believe that you have some superior insight on how his gun should be set up for him, based on your observations of pictures on ARFCOM, the overwhelming majority of which rarely make it out of the apartment, then you should make an effort to contact him and correct him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Quoted:

Que?

Co-witness, bro...

I think he thinks it's a low mount and not absolute cowitness.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:45:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Up until a few years ago, anything BCM would have to qualify as "home built" because they didn't sell complete rifles for the longest time.
Also didn't Noveske start out with uppers only, then transition to full rifles?
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:07:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is exactly what I think. If it is an absolute cowitness mount that is a kosher setup.

It doesn't look like one but the angle of the video might be the issue. That is why my first post interview thread was about wanting to see a picture through the Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:09:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I still want a pic looking through the Aimpoint. It looks like the FSP or FSB would block the dot with the mount he has.
View Quote
It doesn't.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This is exactly what I think. If it is an absolute cowitness mount that is a kosher setup.

It doesn't look like one but the angle of the video might be the issue. That is why my first post interview thread was about wanting to see a picture through the Aimpoint.
View Quote
I don't see a spacer, so there would be overlap, I think.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Not too familiar with ARMS mounts. I think it's an absolute cowitness with one of the spacers.

Link with spacer options:
https://www.mountsplus.com/arms-22m68-aimpoint-comp-throw-lever-scope-ring.html

Unless I'm interpreting this way wrong, a poster in here is arguing it doesn't matter because you're using BAC anyway. I argue that's potatoes because he hasn't considered the effects of getting some cum in your eye in the heat of battle. I could see the argument for absolute or 1/3 cowitness, but an overlap is just silly sauce with no benefit.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:31:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you're right, that does look low as fuck.

Edit: Look at the height of the rear ocular lens in proportion to the rear sight.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Wait...what did I miss?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait...what did I miss?
Some people PMS'ing over Valor Ridges policy of no home builds of weapons at their classes.

I agree with them, I just got thru at an AR class that ran late partially due to people's home builds being POS's...
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 10:27:55 AM EDT
[#32]
The red dot is mounted low as fuck. I think it's funny people are saying that's normal. It's not that you couldn't use it, but why wouldn't you just do absolute co-witness?
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 12:09:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fake video is fake.  I too have been assured by Arfcom that he would have died long ago with such a set up.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And blind!
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
My buddy had one of the original red dot sights on a Mini 14 back in the eighties, you COULDN'T see through it.  See the dot with one eye, target with the other eye.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/271537/D3E60427-9FE4-4B67-9B74-01EF3024080F-698007.JPG
Not a single one of my AR's would be allowed there. Guess I'll never get any training now......
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Beater Bushy during Irma cleanup . . .

Windham built, bought right after the end of AWB.
Originally a 16" A2 Patrolman Carbine, now 14.5" w/p&w flash hider.
Magpul MOE forend, vertical foregrip, pistol grip, and trigger guard.
Magpul CTR stock with the enhanced butt pad on a Larue buffer tube, Hippykicker SLAP.
Larue MBT trigger.
IWC flashlight mount. You can't see the mount in this pic but you can see the lettering on the endcap of the light.

And a red, white, and blue index clip because 'Merica!
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:29:33 PM EDT
[#38]
FFS why don't all y'all e-mail him and tell him he's doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Which is crazy to me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which is crazy to me
Yeah, I'll take my business elsewhere before training someplace that prohibits my trusty old LMT carbine with an aftermarket Geissele SSA. By their FAQ, a box-stock rifle with craptacular but OEM parts is more acceptable. I replaced the stock LMT trigger after the first day of a 3-day Costa carbine class and had comments from Chris and several students about the dramatic improvement in my shooting on day 2.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 6:32:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Back when Bushmaster meant something.
View Quote
Ouch
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've read the same thing!  Coinkydink!
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yeah, I'll take my business elsewhere before training someplace that prohibits my trusty old LMT carbine with an aftermarket Geissele SSA. By their FAQ, a box-stock rifle with craptacular but OEM parts is more acceptable. I replaced the stock LMT trigger after the first day of a 3-day Costa carbine class and had comments from Chris and several students about the dramatic improvement in my shooting on day 2.
View Quote
Agreed.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
FFS why don't all y'all e-mail him and tell him he's doing it wrong.  
View Quote
Do you have his email?

Link Posted: 10/8/2018 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that why I can’t leave GD?
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Some people PMS'ing over Valor Ridges policy of no home builds of weapons at their classes.

I agree with them, I just got thru at an AR class that ran late partially due to people's home builds being POS's...
View Quote
Then tell them to get the fuck off the range and fix their shit. Can't take the course because my factory Colt upper isn't kosher being on my PSA lower, that I've put a couple thousand through nary an issue, with my Geissele GBT trigger. Get the fuck out of here with that shit

If their rifle isn't working, guess they just wasted the cost of the class. Hope they have a back-up, and I hope it's factory, cause it's been blessed by magic no-jam juice.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:20:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"I see dead posters . . . "

Link Posted: 10/8/2018 10:43:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Can someone put in the,”That’s real retarded, Sir” meme with potato girl ??
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 10:49:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
That’s a fair point, there are tons of people buy cheap substandard crap parts, but clowns will just show up with Radical or Bear Creek and the same thing will happen.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 10:52:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Bunch of pussies.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/271537/D3E60427-9FE4-4B67-9B74-01EF3024080F-698007.JPG
Huh, I'm in that area every fall and didn't know it was there until reading this thread.    I thought I might stop in next year but after reading that I think I'll pass.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top