Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2003 6:20:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 6:36:38 AM EDT
[#1]
"Excuse third world debt."
And give more aid. Does he really think that's the cure?
If it was, it should have worked by now.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 6:38:42 AM EDT
[#2]
 What's Canada?  Never heard of it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 6:53:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
 What's Canada?  Never heard of it.

It's America's wild game preserve.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 6:54:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep, Cana Dah is really a wonderfull example to the whole wide world. They must just be bursting with pride over what Bono had to say about them. Talk about having to have your ego stroked in order to get them to do some more stupid crap like a herd of shepel. Oooh Cana dah
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 7:05:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I dont understand this shit.

Bono first says:
"I'm a fan of Canada," Bono told the cheering crowd.

"I believe the world needs more Canada."

The he says:
"Bono told Liberals they could go "take a pee" or get a cup of tea if they were bored."

So is Bono a liberal hater or lover?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 7:06:50 AM EDT
[#6]
As an ex-patriot myself, the last thing Canada needs is to spend more on foreign aid.  From the little I know of Paul Martin, he is no Trudeau or Chretien and, if he sticks to his guns, will actually institute a lot of good policies/changes.

This article, posted here awhile back, would give Bono a heart attack.  Well worth another read:  www.kimdutoit.com/dr/essays/essays.php?id=P82  
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 7:15:29 AM EDT
[#7]
bono is a talent free moron.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 7:22:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I have enjoyed U2's music over the years but Bono's theatrics and political/social musings are irritating.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 8:50:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have enjoyed U2's music over the years but Bono's theatrics and political/social musings are irritating.

Same here.

That's why I download it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 9:06:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I have never heard tell of Bono telling the Irish how they should spend their national treasure. Isn't that odd?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 9:17:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Bono: take your useless ass back to Ireland and dig up some potatoes.

Link Posted: 11/15/2003 9:37:36 AM EDT
[#13]

"Africa is going down in flames.

hmmm, let's see...GONE DOWN IN FLAMES is more like it. further more, don't care.

if we really believed, deep down, that Africans were equal to us, we would not allow this to happen.".

oh, this is a tough one;  we were supposed to "REALLY" believe that they were equal to us?!
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 9:55:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I think it a great idea ..as long as he foots the bill!!! .......just another type of welfare for the world!!!
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 9:59:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
bono is a talent free moron.

I disagree.  He has even less talent and intelligence than that.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 10:00:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#17]
 I love how he thinks that he can decide for everyone else how they should think and how they should spend the tax money earned by other countries citizen's.
I have nothing against the Irish, but at the samr time I'm not aware of them sending their children off to other counries to die in tribal wars in the backwards world.
OH that's right, the Irish are involved in some sort of tribal/religious war aren't they?

I've had my fill of the U.S. being expected to be involved in every misery in the world, being expected to always pick the "right" side , having our kids blown to hell, and by the way "don't expect anything in return, thank you very much!"
I beggining to like the idea of letting them all blow themselves away, along with a very determined "don't get us involved stance", because my solution is to permanently and forcefully just remove the irritation. Preferably from a distance to keep our kids safe.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I like some of their older music, but I just can't bring myself to buy any of it. Bono is far too potent an asshat for his talent to compensate.

(In particular, the anti-gun stuff.)
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
 I love how he thinks that he can decide for everyone else how they should think and how they should spend the tax money earned by other countries citizen's.
I have nothing against the Irish, but at the samr time I'm not aware of them sending their children off to other counries to die in tribal wars in the backwards world.
OH that's right, the Irish are involved in some sort of tribal/religious war aren't they?

Bone is a self righteous, egotistical prick who just HAPPENS to be Irish; just like Sting is a self righteous, egotistical prick who just happens to be English.  As long as Bono is around, sting WON'T be the most obnixious asshole in rock lol.

Don't think that Bono speaks for all the Irish any more than Sinead O'Connor did.  There are lots of talented Irish musicians who don't feel compelled to foist their politics onto everyone esle.  

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:33:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I wish he'd just go skiing and crash into a tree.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I wish he'd just go skiing and crash into a tree.

Hmmm, Welcome to Colorado! Enjoy!

(+1) ( Last time we scored a Kennedy! )
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#22]
That's way funny!
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:05:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Fenian, I understand that completely.

Just for the record I happen to be decended from mostly Irish and French Canadian stock, with a bit of Welch and native American to make it interesting. So in a way I'm catching it from all sides of this story.
However since I consider myself American first and foremost I get a bit on edge with the rest of the world telling me how I should run my life and spend my money.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:52:45 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
 However since I consider myself American first and foremost I get a bit on edge with the rest of the world telling me how I should run my life and spend my money.

Trust me, I know that feeling.  
My beef with Bono is much deeper than yours, though...I heard him make some disparaging remarks about the Irish and their "obsession" with owning land, how he couldn't understand it, etc, how it brought nothing but trouble.

It was even worse than that, I can't remember exactly how he phrased it, but it made my blood boil to think that Pearse and Connolly died less than 100 years ago for that prick.  And "Sunday Bloody Sunday" is a complete peace-nik sellout that could have been a much better song.  

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:58:28 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

...I heard him make some disparaging remarks about the Irish and their "obsession" with owning land, how he couldn't understand it, etc, how it brought nothing but trouble.

And he, of course, rents his own estate?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top