Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2003 4:06:58 PM EDT
OK, I must have too much time on my hands to have even THOUGHT of this.

You MIGHT be familiar with the kid's program and line of toys "Dora the Explorer".  Good chance, especially if you have kids.

I had an idea that I think is pretty funny in a very politically INcorrect way.

Anyone who's interested, I want you to start with Dora the Explorer (Hispanic girl) and twist the concept to Dora the EXPLODER, a girl who's a Palestinian female suicide bomber.   Mod a doll, photoshop a pic,  whatever.  Go crazy.  Post a pic of your best efforts.

You must start with a real Dora product or a photo of a real Dora product.  A Dora doll is ideal.  Photoshopping is good, but someone who actually makes little "accessories" for a doll may be worth more points.

I'm thinking Dora needs at least a headband and an explosive vest.   Use your imagination and your creativity.  

I and I alone will judge the results, and if the best effort is found worthy,  I'll send the winner two good, clean 30 round USGI mags.

If you are unfortunate enough to live where you can't have those,  I offer a double handful of the older USGI 7 pouch ammo bandoleers (at least 20 of them) with a good supply of stripper clips and a few loading spoons.  If that's not worth anything to you,  how about a small bag of AR internal parts?  Spare springs, pins, firing pins, extractors, etc.

I've already thought of a real capper to put your efforts over the top, but I won't give you too many clues, but I'll give you ONE:  Videos!

Anyone want to take the bait?

CJ

Link Posted: 11/14/2003 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a job, or hobby ? Your post was hard to read.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 4:22:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmmmmmm. Never heard of the doll, have to look around.

I still have a bunch of AB mixes and squibs in the magazine from the last show. Sounds like fun.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 5:10:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Just to get this going...

NsB
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#4]
That's the spirit!

Keep 'em coming!

CJ
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Time limit?
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Submit all entries by midnight, at the end of Saturday the 22nd. (Sunday morning, actually.)

That gives you a week and a day from now.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 9:55:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't host a picture, whats your email so I can send it to you?
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 10:31:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Dora the exploder!

You, sir, are a genius.  Possibly an evil genius, but a genius nonetheless.

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#9]
JustL00king has submitted this entry, which I'm posting for him:

The bar has been raised!

CJ
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#10]
"extra shrapnel pannels sold separately"

NsB
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's my suggestion to put your entry over the top:

Obtain a real Dora doll.

Accessorize it appropriately to the mission at hand.  This may include an appropriately sized toy vehicle...like a public transportation bus in doll size.

Video camera.

TANNERITE!

Imaginations sometimes need to be tickled.

CJ

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:25:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, any more interest?

I'm going to have to see more than just TWO entrants in order to give up something of value!

One more will do it.   If I get a third entrant, I'll pony up the mags or other items and the winner will get them.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#13]
btt
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#14]
If the photo server is still down at midnight on Thursday,  I'll extend this "competition" a few days.  Maybe as much as a week...ONCE THE PHOTO SERVER IS FIXED.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Dora the Exploder Theme Song: Sung to the current Dora the Explorer theme song.

Dora, Dora, Dora, the Exploder.
Bombs with Super Cool Explosive C4.
Grab your bombpack, Let's Go!
Jump in, Pull the cord!
You can blow to He-ell!
Hell! Hell!

D-D-Dora, D-D-Dora,
D-D-Dora, D-D-Dora,
Bushs' no Stoping, Bushs' no Stoping, Bushs' no Stoping!
KA BOOOM!
Dora the Exploder!

Does this entry count? BTW, I did this from memory (yes I have a 2 year old).
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:39:06 AM EDT
[#16]
It's not a warped song contest, sorry.

Accessorize a Dora doll appropriately (or even a photo of one) and post pics, and then you're in the game.

The ultimate, hands-down best entries will be the ones of suitably dressed dolls being blown up with the aid of Tannerite...Tannerite that has been inserted in the doll's body cavities.

Anyone care to match that?

CJ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top