Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2001 8:19:16 AM EDT
Here's an idea for the N.R.A. that makes a LOT of sense to me.

You know how they have promotional give-away's, like the silver bullet engraved with Chuck Hestons signature, ball caps and other stuff? Little items to encourage membership? Well as far as marketing goes, it's not a bad idea. Lets face it, "free" stuff gets peoples attention.

If they're going to do that, why don't they give something away that is of ACTUAL value to gun owners?

In American Rifleman, there is an offer to buy a book called "The Second Amendment Primer". I'm sure many of you have seen this. Wouldn't it be wise to offer THIS as a gift for membership? It's a book that EVERY gun owner can use to refine their understanding of American rights, and would certainly help create a MUCH more informed member base than they currently have. It would empower members through actual knowlege, instead of some moronic "silver bullet".

A wiser member base means members that could be able to hold their own when personally confronted with threats to their rights.

Yes, this information is already available to those who seek it, but if your going to give stuff away, make it count! Give your members the tools to represent themselves and the N.R.A. in the most informed and intelligent way possible. A small and easy step in empowering members with facts and useful info, and not some toy bullet or ugly baseball cap.

Maybe they've done this already, but if they did, I missed it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Good one, I can't tell you how hard I laughed when I got that ugly cap with the scrambled-eggs on the bill (I might've worn it if not for that) that I didn't ask for, along with a letter from Wayne begging for money to increase their media campaigns. My 2 problems don't ask for money when you've just spent probably at least $10 sending me a worthless hat, and WHAT media campaigns? I would have never even heard of the NRA if not for word of mouth and commie sit-coms making slams at them, and I might have considered helping them increase it if there was a media campaign to start with.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 9:12:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree.

The Second Amendment Primer would be, by far, the best "gift" the N.R.A. could provide it's members, not hats or toys.

I know this was a VERY difficult and time consuming idea for me to come up with, I only hope the N.R.A. has a few employees that are is ingenius as myself!

Well informed members are effective members.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Mega-dittos to y'all. Anyone get that stupid compass for a gift? Better not be "Made in China".
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 9:33:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I have you all beat.  I got an Eddie the Eagle safty video for renewing my membership.  I don't know any kids.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 9:53:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I signed up, but I never got my bullet.  [:(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top