Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/9/2003 7:37:06 AM EDT
I'll take two!

This looks like the same trucks DEVGRU 6 uses at Dam Neck NTC to haul their boats.

Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:42:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn! That's a pickup. When is Toyota gonna try and beef up the Tundra to compete.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:54:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll pass.

This is more to my taste.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:01:28 AM EDT
[#3]
That thing friggin rocks!  When's the SVT version coming out?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:09:25 AM EDT
[#4]
One SVT version coming right up.

300 HP 96 MPH.

Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:14:43 AM EDT
[#5]
[wayne]It will be mine... oh yes, it will be.[/wayne]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:20:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry, that's a toy compared to the Freightliner (yes) SUV coming out.  This shit's getting out of hand.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:29:31 AM EDT
[#7]
i can't wait to see a soccer mom commuting to work in one of these
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:42:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:42:54 AM EDT
[#9]

860 ft lbs of torque at 300 HP.

Got any pics of the Freightliner?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Actually... I kinda like it!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:09:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I've seen them hauling their boats around with those before. Made me smile. ...and wonder who was in for the ass kicking.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#12]
ford sucks, get the inimog
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:32:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Is that a pickup or a friggin semi??  It will take a step ladder just to put the single bag of grass seed in the bed of it by the rich yuppy dude that bought it to show the other rich yuppy neighbors what a rich and powerful man he really is.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:36:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Do they come with a thank you letter from OPEC?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

No kidding, a regular UNIMOG by itself trumps everything, and that souped up one looks awesome!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#16]
I am speechless. Wow.

Go Ford!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding, a regular UNIMOG by itself trumps everything, and that souped up one looks awesome!

while unimogs are cool, who decided on the engine on the maximog? another boat anchor 350 chevy? that wouldn't work too well in the third world, a diesel (non brand-x)would be much better.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:07:08 AM EDT
[#18]
87MPH top speed. You could not even outrun a tractor/trailer semi in that thing.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:30:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Damn! That's a pickup. When is Toyota gonna try and beef up the Tundra to compete.

I don't think they have to they are still on top with  resale and reliability  and  on  the road while the others are in the shop or the junk yard. I am far from anti American cars/trucks but the stats and personal experience kinda hard to beat those   Toyotas....
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
87MPH top speed. You could not even outrun a tractor/trailer semi in that thing.

Fine for my use, my current truck won't run over 77 MPH due to gearing. Fast enough for me.

Link Posted: 11/9/2003 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think they have to they are still on top with  resale and reliability  and  on  the road while the others are in the shop or the junk yard. I am far from anti American cars/trucks but the stats and personal experience kinda hard to beat those   Toyotas....

What are the sales figures from 2002?

Guys who drive Tundra's are like guys who drive those Japanese bikes that look like Harley's.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guys who drive Tundra's are like guys who drive those Japanese bikes that look like Harley's.

Yep alot of junk just like the Harley you speak of ..... facts are hard to dispute anyone can build #'s
Posted on Tue, Aug. 19, 2003

Japanese vehicles dominate list of most-reliable used cars
Honda Civic, Toyota Camry, Subaru Forrester among 18 recommended by Consumer Reports
By Andrea Coombes
CBS MarketWatch

SAN FRANCISCO - U.S. automakers may be making gains in quality, but Japanese cars still trounce other makes when it comes to reliable used vehicles, according to Consumer Reports' latest list of top used-car gems.

From Honda's Civic EX to the Toyota Camry XLE V6, the Subaru Forrester and the Nissan Pathfinder, Japanese-made autos dominated the list of best-value cars, comprising 15 of the 18 bargains.

The three others were U.S. models. Cars made in Germany, Sweden, Korea and elsewhere were no-shows on the list.

The chosen cars have ``proved reliable, performed well in Consumer Reports' tests when new, and offer excellent value for the money,'' the consumer-advocacy group said in a release.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 1:51:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Instead of spending so much money on a gigantic truck lik ethat, why not simply wear a shirt that says "I have a tiny wiener" ?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Saw my first one yesterday.

Was at a National Horse clinic, and one of the clinicians uses one as his horse hauling rig.

His didn't have the P.U. bed, but a custom gooseneck body.

I'm a Dodge man, but I really liked it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like me.  I'm no mechanic, nor do I enjoy working on vehicles.  I bought my motorcycle so I could ride it, not work on it.  I bought my Tundra because it fits my needs perfectly... it'll hold it's value well (even better, since I bought it when it was one year old), it rides quieter than any other truck out there, and is very capable off-road.  All in all, TCO is lower with these Japenese vehicles.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#26]
$89-99,000?   FUCK YOU.  you can get a Kenworth T300 loaded out for $50,000.

Instead of spending so much money on a gigantic truck lik ethat, why not simply wear a shirt that says "I have a tiny wiener" ?

ya, liberals say the same things about guns, dont be a PUSSY, pussy
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#27]

Yep alot of junk just like the Harley you speak of ..... facts are hard to dispute anyone can build #'s

Yea, comsumer's report, there is a non biased source.  The same magazine that claims if you own firearms and don't keep them in a safe with trigger locks 24/7, that you should be charged as a criminal.  The same pub that slams anything the Bush administration does.  As to TCO being lower for jap stuff, there are many that claim otherwise.  How about the widespread problem of oil sludging toyota engines.  Or how about the faulty brakes on the tundra?

www.autosafety.org/article.php?did=416&scid=37
www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/toyota_tundra_brakes.html

Maynard, that is cool looking ride.  Has anyone here seen the proposed reentry of Studebaker?  
www.theavanti.com/XUV.html
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

LOL hehehahahoho LOL (seats 7 adults) 6 w/moderate wiener size
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Hey, it ain't my fault you have such a need to compensate.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:53:28 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Yea, comsumer's report, there is a non biased source.  The same magazine that claims if you own firearms and don't keep them in a safe with trigger locks 24/7, that you should be charged as a criminal.  The same pub that slams anything the Bush administration does.  As to TCO being lower for jap stuff, there are many that claim otherwise.  How about the widespread problem of oil sludging toyota engines.  Or how about the faulty brakes on the tundra?

www.autosafety.org/article.php?did=416&scid=37
www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/toyota_tundra_brakes.html

Maynard, that is cool looking ride.  Has anyone here seen the proposed reentry of Studebaker?  
www.theavanti.com/XUV.html

Yea I see the 2 reports but I own a 2002 GMC 2500HD CREW CAB 4WHEEL DRIVE AND IT HAS A REBUIT TRANS AT 16000 MILES, 3 REARENDS, RELACED, BRAKE CALIPERS THAT KEPT LOCKING UP, TORQUE COVERTER BOLTS THAT HAVE SHEARED OFF, AN ENGINE KNOCK THAT SOUNDS LIKE THERE ARE MARBLES IN THE ENGINE AND JUST WON A SETTLEMENT AGAINST  GMC ALL OF THIS FOR $37,000  WHAT A DEAL HUH? SO     I WILL TAKE MY CHANCES WITH THE NEW TOYOTA! ps this will be my first Toyota and my last GMC
edit to add Sorry for the Hijack PG
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He does have a way with words though....A little decaf Bro  
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Mercifulalmightyfatherinheaven!

Tell me that Blue Oval beast will be available in 4wd!?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Mercifulalmightyfatherinheaven!

Tell me that Blue Oval beast will be available in 4wd!?

I think they offer 4WD. That's probably the $99,000 model.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Huh?

Ok...I don't mean to pee in your Wheaties...but 3000 watts of audio power?  What in God's name is the need for that much sound?

Guys...we normally only use between 5-20w/dbm for running our stereos.  At home, much more than that (Unless of course you're listening to something like TUSK!) and the stuff starts falling off the walls and the Old Lady begins pounding on your head just before she flees with the kids and dogs.  Trust me, it don't take much audio watts to make you a pariah in your 'hood.  Soooo...I say again...3kw?  Must be a misprint.

What would you use that truck for?  My little 4x4 ranger hauls just about everything I'd need...and if I really needed something big, I'd get me an F-350 dooly.  What would this beast be used for?

Looks cool though...but if I was going to get a chick magnet for that much $$$, I'd try something a bit sexier.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:41:40 PM EDT
[#35]
I know that I am not one to talk about not needing any thing that big, fast, or expensive, but I don't even know why anyone would want it either.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:42:49 PM EDT
[#36]
every ONE of those trucks posted on this thread...ford...unimog...etc....are ugly as sin!! i could think of many other things i'd rather drive...although...if i had money to throw around, a unimog would be a sweet "survival" type vehicle.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#37]
This Is not a new concept...
GM and International has simaler rigs already out. They re trying to capture the Livestock And RV hauling markets. Many of the new RVs with 3 slides and triple axels are too much for a one ton. Same with livestock they are making larger and larger trailers for the big boys on the national show circut. A buddy of mine runs A Dodge cummins R/U with a large show trailer Its seriously turned up and he runs farm plates on it so he can legally pull the extra wieght... Now he is having reliability problems with it. In todays PUs there really isnt a worry about power to pull somthing its brakes. My friend has cracked  front disk coming down a pass already. He is now looking into buying a Mini semi or one of those F550-650 ect.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

DAMN Tex! You are on a roll. Let me buy you a beer.

Bob
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#39]
dear lord, you could run the pentagon from the unimog. take a glance at the specs sheet and all the shit it has in it. the cia couldn't find a use for every tech instrument in that beast. take a look for yourself www.maximog.com/specs.html#BASICSPECS
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Unimog= teh GHEY!

That Ford kicks ass though.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#41]

edited for "sensitivity"

i do find your interest in my genitalia to be disturbing, however.  please keep this sort of discussion between yourself and your "life partner."
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Unimog= teh GHEY!

Yep.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Unimog= teh GHEY!

Yep.

Indeed.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:17:11 PM EDT
[#44]
[shaking head] Only in America. [/shaking head]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#46]
It's interesting, in the same way a train wreck is.  I wouldnt buy one.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:42:22 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Sorry but this beats all contenders.

www.maximog.com/images/sublevel/mog_side.jpg

www.maximog.com/index.html

The spec sheet on this are amazing.

www.maximog.com/images/sublevel/dashboard.jpg

IM IN LOVE
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:14:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Just a tiny suggestion.
If you have a new E-350 or larger. Or purchase replacement fuel tank for them....

Don't be surprised if your tank leaks,has foam ear plugs,weld spatter or nice big balls of weld wire inside the tank clogging things up. Fresh from the factory.

QC aint what it used to be trust me.

Link Posted: 11/10/2003 4:36:36 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Wish I had the $$$ for a 4WD model. Pretty damn cool but needs more lights...and a strobe package, and a PA system, and an overhead locking rifle rack, damn, I've gone "tactical- bling" again!

Oh and I'd park it next to the soccer mom H2's at the mall.

Thats what I'm talkin about.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 4:41:16 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

edited for "sensitivity"

i do find your interest in my genitalia to be disturbing, however.  please keep this sort of discussion between yourself and your "life partner."

Heh. Good one. It was more fun when my joke pissed you off, though...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top