Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/6/2003 7:45:55 AM EDT
WOW!! what a time.  i just spent 2 weeks back home in Texas, which allowed me time to go hog hunting w/ the TexRdnec himself....interesting...

here is our gear, complete w/ beer, dip, and bail money.

here is a group pic

our tickets for firing from a public road....
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:52:17 AM EDT
[#1]
What! No dinner pic ?

Here is ours hunting with TRG.
Maybe you guys need to come up here and hunt with us next time.

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:56:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
WOW!! what a time.  i just spent 2 weeks back home in Texas, which allowed me time to go hog hunting w/ the TexRdnec himself....interesting...

here is our gear, complete w/ beer, dip, and bail money.
home.ripway.com/2003-7/15091/AR15com%20stuff/tailgateguns.jpg
here is a group pic
home.ripway.com/2003-7/15091/AR15com%20stuff/hoghuntgroup.jpg
our tickets for firing from a public road....
home.ripway.com/2003-7/15091/AR15com%20stuff/hoghuntticket.jpg

Geezus!  Tickets!?!

Rookies.  

TRG
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 8:05:04 AM EDT
[#4]
ILL...that first one IS a dinner pic...got all the food groups....beer and dip!!  

the ticket part...i'd be willing to bet was caused by Tex bumpfiring his AR at a possum in a cotton field.  the cops were so amazed at the guns we had....we got off pretty light considering what they COULDA got us for.  but yes...had a hellova time!!  
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 8:14:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Who's the little guy? Is that TexRdnec?
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 8:48:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Who's the little guy? Is that TexRdnec?

i was the one taking the pictures, damn it

Y'all musta been drunk!

if we werent then we got that way later on.....

Maybe you guys need to come up here and hunt with us next time.

one of these times, one of these times

Geezus! Tickets!?!

Rookies.

we promise to try harder next time.......

the ticket part...i'd be willing to bet was caused by Tex bumpfiring his AR at a possum in a cotton field

it was an obligation, josh had never seen it done, besides, the possum was already long gone, so how can that be hunting from a public road????

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 8:50:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 8:55:29 AM EDT
[#8]
a few more pics...

the redneck himself, we started our day playin poker and drinking in the shed...

Tex w/ the phrase of the day..."you need another beer?"

piss break!
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 9:11:30 AM EDT
[#9]
You have a nice selection of beverages, but you do keep some *weird* company.

Weirdos.

TRG
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 9:14:28 AM EDT
[#10]
See I gotta get one of them sheds!! Is that a pre or post ban shed????   Cant tell.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 9:53:30 AM EDT
[#11]
"the redneck himself, we started our day playin poker and drinking in the shed..."

Poker, huh?  Is that what they call it down in South Texas?

TRG
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#12]
TRG:  photoshopper of legend

Note to Self:  no empty chairs in any posted photos of myself ever again
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:17:44 AM EDT
[#13]
hold on a minute TRG,..................WTF?!?!?!

you're slipping man, you're slipping, you just photoshopped and DIDN'T include a "fuck you arock" sign.  don't let us down.............
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:24:28 AM EDT
[#14]
drunks with guns?
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:28:57 AM EDT
[#15]
When I met TexRdnec at Gunstock, he had about a dozen big armored rifle cases in his truck.  Did you'all take them out for the pics?

Sure looks like fun.

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:35:56 AM EDT
[#16]

When I met TexRdnec at Gunstock, he had about a dozen big armored rifle cases in his truck

and i never fired a shot..................

Did you'all take them out for the pics?

hell no, thats just what we took, we had LOTS more to choose from.................

Sure looks like fun.

and it was, except for the awkward in-between moment when we were surrounded by cops...........

drunks with guns?

and norman shows up, hi norman, can i just call you sunshine from now on?

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

drunks with guns?

Am I mistaken?  That's what I'm getting from all of this.  If that is the case I'm honestly amazed that I'm the only one that pointed it out.  We get a bunch of sticklers that have a fit if anyone posts a pic of a finger on a trigger, and nobody says anything about a bunch of drunks running through the wilderness with firearms?
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

drunks with guns?

Am I mistaken?  That's what I'm getting from all of this.  If that is the case I'm honestly amazed that I'm the only one that pointed it out.  We get a bunch of sticklers that have a fit if anyone posts a pic of a finger on a trigger, and nobody says anything about a bunch of drunks running through the wilderness with firearms?

lighten up francis....yes we had beer....yes we had guns....get outa control...no we did not. moderation is the key
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

drunks with guns?

lighten up francis....yes we had beer....yes we had guns....get outa control...no we did not. moderation is the key

I bet that whoever gave you the tickets would disagree.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#20]

well sunshine, the game warden issued us out our hunting from a public road tickets and the county deputies stood around and bullshitted........hmmmmm, you'd think if we were all shitfaced they'd have run us in...........curious, no?

in fact, we were pulled over first by a deputy so the game warden could show up, bet if there was anything amiss the cop would have done something about it, but maybe thats just me
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Norman needs to go read the thread about the pussification of america.....
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:24:07 AM EDT
[#22]
or better yet come to Texas...we will go shooting and have a few beers...
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

well sunshine, the game warden issued us out our hunting from a public road tickets and the county deputies stood around and bullshitted........hmmmmm, you'd think if we were all shitfaced they'd have run us in...........curious, no?

in fact, we were pulled over first by a deputy so the game warden could show up, bet if there was anything amiss the cop would have done something about it, but maybe thats just me

damn ya beat me to it....if we'd of been "drunk" i'm sure we'd of landed ourselves in jail.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Norman needs to go read the thread about the pussification of america.....

Yep!

Quoted:
or better yet come to Texas...we will go shooting and have a few beers....

Either way.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#25]
So then the stereotype of drunk texans with guns is correct?  No thanks.

Personally, I love beer.  I had quite a few last night in fact.  But there's two things I personally don't ever do if I've had even one drink, and that's ride my Harley, or mess with guns.  Just isn't worth it.
If anything bad WERE to happen and you'd been drinking, it's just going to look that much worse.
Personally I am capable of enjoying my bike & my guns without alcohol, but if ya'll wanna get drunk in the shed and run out to the woods to shoot at each other, be my guest.  I don't know anybody in texas, so I'm not terribly concerned if you shoot anyone else either.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:42:37 AM EDT
[#26]
damn fellas....it looks like heaven has just come down to earth
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:43:56 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

drunks with guns?

Dude!  Chiiiiiiiilllllllllll!
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Personally, I love beer.  I had quite a few last night in fact.  But there's two things I personally don't ever do if I've had even one drink, and that's ride my Harley, or mess with guns.  Just isn't worth it.
If anything bad WERE to happen and you'd been drinking, it's just going to look that much worse.
Personally I am capable of enjoying my bike & my guns without alcohol, but if ya'll wanna get drunk in the shed and run out to the woods to shoot at each other, be my guest.  I don't know anybody in texas, so I'm not terribly concerned if you shoot anyone else either.

well..thanks for your concern, your opinion has been noted....hey..the gestapo called..theyre wondering why you havent checked in.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:46:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Norman there is a huge difference between being drunk and drinking. I can drink all night and still shoot...why? Because I pace myself and keep my intake very low. There is not a one of the guys that I have been out to the farm with that has ever even seen me buzzed, much less drunk. Two margaritas in six hours ain't going to knock me down or even make me "legally" drunk.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

DOH!
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Am I mistaken?  That's what I'm getting from all of this.  If that is the case I'm honestly amazed that I'm the only one that pointed it out.  We get a bunch of sticklers that have a fit if anyone posts a pic of a finger on a trigger, and nobody says anything about a bunch of drunks running through the wilderness with firearms

Not that my defense of him in this capacity means that I condone people running around in the woods drunk off their arses, sporting "thunder sticks," but if these fine gents were to follow all other applicable safety rules, the chances are better for than against that no one's going to get hurt.

In other words, someone with a good all-around knowledge of firearms - who's been drinking - w/ his finger off the trigger until he's got a safe shot lined up is infinitely safer than some punk - drinking or not - trying to imitate the latest Hollywood, guns-akimbo-and-gangsta-style "action hero".

Just my 3.14159265 cents....

Oh, Tex - a question.  What did the deputy originally pull you over (his knee) for?  If you have to appear, you might just politely ask if the deputies in that locale are routinely in the habit of performing traffic duties for game wardens.  Isn't it the game warden's job to catch lawbreakers like you for offenses within their purview?
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#32]

Norman there is a huge difference between being drunk and drinking.

and common sense shall set you free..........

sunshine, if it makes you feel better, we got completely out of hand AFTER we got back.  in fact, in order to not drink and drive, i even offered StykUrHedUp the couch.

but if ya'll wanna get drunk in the shed and run out to the woods to shoot at each other, be my guest. I don't know anybody in texas, so I'm not terribly concerned if you shoot anyone else either.

well sunshine, there are no woods in south Texas and we certainly weren't shooting at each other, but thanks for the hyperbole.  and according to your piss poor attitude on EVERY post of your that i can think of offhand, nobody in Texas is missing out.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Someday I'll have to come try that.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#34]

Oh, Tex - a question. What did the deputy originally pull you over (his knee) for? If you have to appear, you might just politely ask if the deputies in that locale are routinely in the habit of performing traffic duties for game wardens. Isn't it the game warden's job to catch lawbreakers like you for offenses within their purview?

wise jake!!!!!!!!!!!  wazzzzzzup?

anyway, thats an EXCELLENT question, we were not close enough to any houses for them to have been able to identify the truck, all they had to go on were the sound of gunshots, thus it may have been an illegal stop, i don't know.  we passed the guy and then he turned on his lights and brought it on.  regardless, i have hired a lawyer to get me deferred adjudication because i think it was a bullshit ticket anyway, rather pay the lawyer than the judge.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 12:01:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Someday I'll have to come try that.

visions of Gunstock II dance in my head...........
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 12:01:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Ohhhh Yeaaahhhhh........
Another great day in Texas!!!!!!!!!

BTW TexRdnec I would stay far away from that feller sitting next to ya at the table...
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
.....Two margaritas in six hours ain't going to knock me down or even make me "legally" drunk.

Best keep your eye on the legal definition of drunk/impaired.  I'd hate for it to move on you.  My advice?  Lead it a bit and adjust for wind....

:-)
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Tex...not to mention that it was a Bee county mountie that pulled us over..in SAN PAT county!  hmmmm.....hey wise_jake, Tex informs me that you are an "associate" of his...welcome to the board amigo.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#39]

Best keep your eye on the legal definition of drunk/impaired. I'd hate for it to move on you. My advice? Lead it a bit and adjust for wind....

this coming from a man, who, after a new years eve party from HELL, woke us all up at about 8:30a.m. so that we could empty the foam out of the keg, put it in pitchers so that it would settle, and finish it off.  THEN, when not even foam was left, he scraped up $35 and wanted to know if anybody else would pitch in for ANOTHER keg.  i love that guy

oooooh ya, same party don't remember which day, he passes out with keg cup in hand, spills none of it.  wakes up a few hours later, doesnt even miss a beat, finished that beer and filled it back up
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#40]
gearing up..gettin ready to roll...

Styk in the shed..

roadside park waitin on the others to arrive..

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#41]
ok, TRG has WAY too much photoshop material now...........
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Sorry it took me so long to reply; just got back from a completely exciting meeting....

Quoted:

wise jake!!!!!!!!!!!  wazzzzzzup?

anyway, thats an EXCELLENT question, we were not close enough to any houses for them to have been able to identify the truck, all they had to go on were the sound of gunshots, thus it may have been an illegal stop, i don't know.  we passed the guy and then he turned on his lights and brought it on.  regardless, i have hired a lawyer to get me deferred adjudication because i think it was a bullshit ticket anyway, rather pay the lawyer than the judge.

There was nothing (esp. since you heads were so far away from houses, civilization, etc.) to cause him to believe that the sound of gunshots was in any way, shape, or form connected to the commission of any crime.  It's still legal to own guns in this state, ain't it?  If so, then the very possession of one (or more) doesn't establish probable cause.  Even reasonable suspicion is tenuous, at best.  An officer slightly smarter than your average bear would have a hard time discerning, from what you described, that illegal activity was afoot (this is roughly the def. of reasonable susp.).

The fact that he discovered a citeable offense is also not automatically grounds for him to be able to detain you, esp. since the offense was not within his jurisdiction.  The State of Texas has expressly reserved that right to the Game Wardens.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
ok, TRG has WAY too much photoshop material now...........

esp. w/ "stykshed.jpg": in my mind's eye i spy a chopped/shopped image with something emerging from styk's clasped hands.  hint: it's pink, and i just stabbed my mind's eye w/ a #2 pencil to make it go away....
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Tex...not to mention that it was a Bee county mountie that pulled us over..in SAN PAT county!  hmmmm.....hey wise_jake, Tex informs me that you are an "associate" of his...welcome to the board amigo.  hr

A Bee County mount-me in San Pat county?  That's like that movie - a Connecticut Yank-me in King Arthur's Court (or words to that effect).  Was he on his way to bust minors in possession at the Grand?

Er, yes.  I have been rumored to be an "associate" of his.  Just don't tell anyone who may know me.  Wouldn't want it to get out that I've associated with folks like Tex.  Thanks for keeping it hush hush.

Thanks for the welcome, too.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 1:17:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Wise_Jake,

Welcome to the site...
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Dang it! I'm jealous, from one Texas Red Neck to another. Those pics make me want to call up my buds and do the same.  I'll make sure to take the digital camera next time.  

Hell, I'm even jealous of the shed.  :)  Except for your "friend", of course.

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Screw the safety nazis, glad to see y'all had a good time.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Hell, I'm even jealous of the shed. :) Except for your "friend", of course.

hell, i don't even know his name, it was a one time fling set up by TRG, all i know him by is #4.................

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:04:54 PM EDT
[#50]
How come most of the guys in TX have really cool huntingdrinking sheds???
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top